Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the slotted Rotor's and Performance Pads from EE. Should get them Thursday. I can't wait. John V and EE is always there for the Explorer Comunity. Speaking with John V today he is very dedicated and it is amazing how he keeps up with what everyone has on their Explorer's and has Top Notch Customer Service!

ExplorerExpress.com

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I can't agree or express my opinion any more then what you said Matt. Time and time again truly I am really impressed and even at a loss for words with Explorer Express in general, their business, for once REAL customer service reps (the way all of them ought to be), and of course John's knowledge and hand in the Explorer community.

Both you and John are an invaluable resource to this community, and I'm thrilled that you guys are members here. And all my Explorer business is routed to John! Oh and John, I got to say -- I truly appreciate the kind words and even referring your very own customers to ExplorerX! That is truly the highest honor, to know that the standards and respect you give to your customers can be appreciated here as well, and that says a lot for this site and of course you! I am truly grateful!!
:worship:

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Well, the slotted rotors will be an improvement, but we need to get John to fabricate some serious calipers, so we can have real stopping power.

John here's a link for you, to a site that a guy sells wholesale (if i remember correctly) some serious rotors, i know you are always looking for quality products so. He also claims that one of his pairs fits the 5.0 awd. Just drag the pointer to the brands and pics come up. I have spoken with him on more than one occasion (you know i call everbody) and he's a real nice guy.http://brakewarehouse.net/bwrotors.htm

He said this is what the awd version looks likehttp://brakewarehouse.net/bremborotorpics/...lityR/index.htm

joe

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
How about those powerslot ones on truckperfomance.com? Are they any good? I'm sure EE's are better but I'm just curious.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
How about those powerslot ones on truckperfomance.com? Are they any good? I'm sure EE's are better but I'm just curious.
99% chance they are the same. I've had every type of brake on the front of the stang, none make a noticealbe difference, it's the undersized calipers that lack the clamping power.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
99% chance they are the same. I've had every type of brake on the front of the stang, none make a noticealbe difference, it's the undersized calipers that lack the clamping power.
Hmm.....so even the 2 piston calipers we have aren't as good as they could be? But I'm assuming that slotted rotors would help out, right? This is the first vehicle I've owned that's even had that (I've owned smaller trucks in the past).

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Powerslot rotors are an upgrade from what we have. They really aren't anything special though. Would i use them? Yes. They're usually cheaper than real ford parts, and they are less likely to warp so quickly.

But i'd say stopping distance won't decrease, and pad longevity will decrease. Brake dust will also likely increase. Now you have the pad running over the slot, everytime you press on the brakes. As i said, brake fade is really not an issue for any of us (or i hope not), it would mean you are by far overdriving your x, they aren't sports cars. But the slot may keep them from heating up and warping so quickly. If you are going for looks, crossdrilled is the way to go. IMO's

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I think he was more referring to my questions, BM. I'm not too familiar with what's out there brakewise so I'm looking into it a bit. I might try the slotted rotors but not right now. Too many other things to work on. Just ordered some sway bar bushings today so I'll be doing that this weekend. I can't stand all that squeaking going on underneath anymore.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Of course, you're always helpful that way. I just didn't want you to think he was criticizing you or anything.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
BM, i know that you know, i just didn't want some of the other members to think that some pads and rotors equal great stopping. My statements were made in general than towards you. And personally i assume that you baby your truck and are probably much more responsible with it than i am with mine. So i didn't really think you'd be braking hard over and over, but some of the younger guys just might.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Well, I'm not one of the younger guys and I learned something about brakes. Because of the info you guys have given me, I'm in no rush to go out and replace my rotors. No need to at the moment.

Actually, from BM's experience, we can all learn something. Problems can occur that are out of your control even to someone with as much knowledge as BM.

I love the smilies on this forum.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts