Explorer Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally was able to hookup my headunit again as you all know since I got my interior pieces back from Phoenix Imaging. I turn on the music and my first reaction: "Wow, this sounds like ****"

So it's looking like I am going to have to start saving up once I start working for my first and last (for this car anyway) true stereo system. Going to probably replace the Pioneer door speakers with Rockford's since those have incredible sound quality. Going to also get that Stealth box and probably put an Image Dynamics 10" sub in there. Couple that with a JL amp and I'll be good. I'll also want another amp to power all my speakers, no more running off of the headunit.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob I knew you would come around!!! I knew nobody could live with out some sort of bass in their ride once they had it previously. If you get the same ID10 that I did and power it with the JL 250/1 it will sound better than mine with the JBL. While I love my JBL, if I could have gone with the JL I would have but it was too much $$$ for me. Good luck on saving for the new system additions!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I love Bass ... and clear and crisp highs. No true audiophile can walk away from a killer stereo system. Good luck finding your next one Rob!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah check it out in the For Sale forum.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
This is exactly how I feel, Rob. I just put the old Bazooka I had in my Ranger in the X yesterday with an old crappy amp I had laying around just to fill out the sound somewhat. I almost bought a 300w MTX amp they had on clearance at Circuit City for $100 but thought better of it. Gotta make sure I have more than enough cash for the house first. I did decide that I'm going to go with one 10" sub, most likely the Directed one I was looking at before. Can still get them on TheZeb for $50.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow this is going to sound wild I know, but for whatever reason when I first put my headunit back in and for awhile, the sound first of all sounded exactly like the stock speakers. But they're not, they're really good Pioneers. I couldn't figure out why the sound was so terrible! I tried fussing around with the audio/equalizer settings with the headunit and to no avail.

So I was driving back on my trip and just mentioned about how the sound was weird and it would crackle at high volume. I had my car turned off because we were getting gas. When I turned the car back on, seriously out of nowhere my speakers sounded the way they used to, full power and sharp as can be!! So now my speakers sound exactly as they used to - very very loud, sharp clear and crisp! It's amazing but I have no logical explination why suddenly it just fixed itself.

All I can say is that I'm very very glad that it did, and it looks like now I will be able to save myself a few hundred dollars as well. I will just get a new JL amp and the stealthbox with a 10" Image Dynamics sub.

That won't come until the summer though...but man I can't believe how great my speakers sound now that I finally can hear them the way they used to be. And to whatever fixed them, THANKS!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There's got to be a loose wire or something. That's not just going to happen out of the blue like that without something being out of whack. Unless the internal amp on the h/u hadn't been working and it started working again. Whatever it was, at least it's working again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts