Explorer Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Explorer Sport, just bought about a week ago. Was running fine Saturday morning and later that day I checked all the fuses in the fuse panel on the driver side of the dash because I was trying to find out why none of the interior lights work. Anyway ever since then the car won't turn over. You can turn the key and it does nothing. The starter just won't engage. Could it be a bad switch?

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are relays also in the fuse box, it's possible you jostled one of them that controls the starter. There is one specifically for the starter. The relays look like square boxes. Just wiggle them or push down on all of them. In older fuse boxes, the relays can get some grim on the pins.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't in the fuse box under the hood. I was checking fuses in the panel on the driver side of that dash but I will check those under the hood as well. This thing didn't come with a owners manual so I don't have a diagram of the fuse box's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wasn't in the fuse box under the hood. I was checking fuses in the panel on the driver side of that dash but I will check those under the hood as well. This thing didn't come with a owners manual so I don't have a diagram of the fuse box's.
you can probably buy an Owners Manual on E-bay or try a Chilton's or Haynes manual that you can find in most auto parts stores.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Chilton's for the 2003 Explorer if anyone needs to know which relay is which. It's somewhere in my den as I bought it when I bought the beast. Luckily I really never have had to refer to it as for once I got a beauty. 20 years and 218000 miles and other than brakes, oil changes, rotors and fluid changes, it (Knock on all the wood in my house) hasn't given us a lick of a problem, it looks brand new (garage, paintless dent fixing, and polishing) and no rust! We call her the Black Beauty!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts