Explorer Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my amp has been busted for 4 weeks, and being repaired. I usually shrug everyone off when they say they have no radio or music, i say to myself "what a whiner", but now i see how it feels.

They say it will be done on monday, but if it's not, i'm taking it back and buying a new one, i've been getting the run around for about 3 weeks.

It's an xtant 3300x, 3-channel, that runs my entire stereo system.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Apology accepted. What store are you going to Joe? Please tell me its not Palace Electronics.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
As one of the previous "broken radio" whiners, I would like to take the high road, and instead of launching a counterproductive "told you so", wish you the best of luck getting this resolved, cuz man it really sucks not having any tunes. Four weeks darn near killed me.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Anytime my radio isn't on, I immediately think of when you said "and why the hell is my damn blinker so loud?!" and then I turn the blinker on (whenever I need to) and realize..."wow, Jeff is right...wtf!" o_0

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lakewood stereo has it right now, rob. The used to do all the work for the Circuit city in brick. It's only 110 bucks for the repair job, but it's taking weeks.

I hate palace electronics, although i think they are under new ownership (freehold mall).

They have till monday, or i'm getting an xtant 603, reason being it's the new model of the one i have, and mounts and plugs up, exact. Which is important. One place i went to wanted 900 bucks for one, but i can get a refurb off of ebay for 400 with a warranty.

Hey jeff, how many times you reach for a radio that doesn't work? lol, i do it at least twice a trip.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
i havent had that experience yet, but i know i will go nuts, even when im riding with friends i have to turn the radio on, i hate silence

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i havent had that experience yet, but i know i will go nuts, even when im riding with friends i have to turn the radio on, i hate silence

My truck is far from silent, the exhaust is loud, if i step on it the supercharger is loud, and if i'm on the highway, i hear every sqweek and rattle.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hey jeff, how many times you reach for a radio that doesn't work? lol, i do it at least twice a trip.

About every 3 minutes for 28 days!!! I haven't done the math.

And since the head unit was completely gone, I'd shove my hand into that big gaping hole. Cut myself on the bracket a couple of times. THen we figured out that there was enough slack in the big ass cable for the "brain unit" under the seat, that we could use it as a fake microphone. "Air Karaoke"

Desperation leads to misplaced creativity.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Alright Joe for pennance I say you open the door and shut your hand in it, all the pain that will cause will make you forget about your lack of stereo for at least 20 minutes. If that doesn't work try a leg in the door.
Seriously I feel for your lack of stereo try knowing where your X is but know even if you could get to it you couldn't do anything for it. So think positively at least it is running and driving.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
[..]

hear every sqweek and rattle.
Ain't that the truth, you whiner.

·
Registered
640 Posts
And I thought the mystical vanishing LED display was bad enough!
At least I still have music, just can't tell what station, what disc, what time it is, you get the idea.... :roll:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Yeah, mine started fading out so before it was gone completely, I sold it on Ebay for $100. It's amazing what those things will go for.

Joe, how do you have the 3-channel running? You have 4 speakers and a sub so I was trying to figure out how you have it set up.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not to answer for him, but I'm guessing his front and rear channels are wired together in a series or parallel depending on what kind of impedance the amp will take. No fade capabilitly or maybe and L-pad on the rears.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Eric: Since you replaced all your gear, I guess you can't use the steering wheel controls correct?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts