Explorer Talk banner

I saw an XP6 (not XP8) in person today!!!

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  95Xsport 
#1 ·
Me and bro had to get some things at the grocery store and when I pulled up to the parking lot, a familiar vehicle caught my eye. My heart sank and I swerved over and parked next to it to take a look. Sure enough, it was the white, '98 #60 XP6 I last saw in late December but I didnt have the chance to talk with the owner then. I also didnt know then how rare Saleen Explorers are much less an XP6.

This XP6 was from the same dealership my dad got my X and my dad actually had the chance to buy this one back in '98 since we're neighbors with the owner (he now owns one of the two Saleen certified Ford dealerships in MN)

Anyways, I waited around until the owner came by which was about 30 min and met him and asked him about it. I got is contact info and he was really nice about it. He says people stare at it all the time and ask him about it. He really didnt know much about it though, he just said he knew it was rare and that he liked the looks of it. Then he took off and man, they look a hell of a lot better when its driving

Well, theres my story of the day

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea, Im so glad Ive been able to see them in person!!

I told him that there is a website about Explorers that I am registered with and that the Saleens are mentioned a lot here. I also mentioned that we would probably like pics of it if he doesnt mind and he said that would be fine anytime. I didnt give him the web address yet, but I will when I email him again.

#13 ·
Good work Andy

That would be great if you could get some pics up. As far as I know, there are no saleens in my immediate area :roll: Typical around here.

#14 ·
Good work Andy

That would be great if you could get some pics up. ?As far as I know, there are no saleens in my immediate area ?:roll: ?Typical around here.
You're right, there's really nothing in your immediate area!

J/k Duluth is a cool city, its just so far away from everything.

I just emailed the owner again to tell him more about this site. He lives really close to me which is nice. Hopefully once I get to know him better Ill be able to take pics, I mean, this is only one of 5 in existance, right?
We also agreed that I have dibs on it once he sells it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.