Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know I put LEDS lights in the corners of my windshield. Below is a pic of one of them. I took them out last night because the tint was kinda blocking the brightness of the lights and the glare was also buging me at night. I tryed puting them in the rear window but the tint back there also affects them and they do not hang low enough so only half of the LED shows.Now My Question to you is. Where should I put them? I have them in the grille already. I will post some pics of my X and take a look and see where you think they should go.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I wouldn't put them back in, honestly you don't need that many lights. You have the light bar as it is plus the ones in the grille. And people still won't move no matter how many lights you have on your Explorer.

Too many lights just looks tacky IMO, and like you pointed out it's very hard to have lights on the inside that don't effect your vision with glare, etc...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could, But the tint on the upper part of the winshield blocks like over 50 % of the brightness. During the day you can't even notice it

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
for the rear, would under the roof rack be a possibility?
that would be a good spot but you'd just have to make sure they are installed well so that they won't flop around. The biggest problem though would be running the wiring (and concealing it) so as to not put the interior to risk in terms of leaking.

·
Registered
170 Posts
there's a real easy way to do that(mount to the roof rack)..just run it down under the hatch and right in to the truck..i have loked at doing this with some fog light's..but then decided not the look im going for

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
First you have to show proof that you are in emergancy services before they will even talk about selling them to you. Even on Ebay. You could get them in Amber if you want off ebay

1 - 20 of 20 Posts