Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it against my better judgement but I figured what the heck. It was the bursh kind. Half way through I heard "whap,whap, whap...." Someones antenna had broken off and was hooked to the brush as it beat the **** out of may car. So I went inside and told the attendant and he said that they had insurance and not to worry. I went to a body shop and it is going to cost them $1600.00 to fix the damage done to the hood, fender, doors, and roof. I am sad......I have only had it for two weeks on tuesday.

Moral of the story.......wash it yourself!!!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Sounds like you are getting a free paint job.

But Car washes scare me, i'd rather get frostbite washing it at home.

Did you get a police report?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No...I didn't bother b/c it was on privat property and the cops around here wont do anything in that case. Luckily....it happened to another car today also so it would be hard for them to pass the blame off on somethinf/someone else

G

·
Good to hear they are gonna take care of it. I normally to hand the hand type car washes and only use the high pressure spray. Never will I go through a brush type though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wont again...thats for sure. I don't know why I did it... I didn't figure they would have machines that can cause that much problem.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
OMG that really sucks. Glad they are taking responsibility though.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
i have done it 3 or 4 times, usually when im in my lazy moods whicha rent often considering i was out side washng mine in like 30 segreee weather

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
That really sucks! Good luck getting youre repairs done, I hope they do a good job for you.

I better watch out next time I go through one, I use the same place all the time and it dosnt have the brushes, just the soft cloths but I guess something could get hung up in them.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Man, that sux! I'd be so pissed!

I only go thru the touchless car washes when I'm lazy.
Ditto. Sounds like it'll work out for you, though. Hey, a new paintjob isn't a bad thing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That really sucks! Good luck getting youre repairs done, I hope they do a good job for you.

I better watch out next time I go through one, I use the same place all the time and it dosnt have the brushes, just the soft cloths but I guess something could get hung up in them.

That is whatr these where...there are few hundred soft strips of cloth.......I dont mind the spray kind....there is nothing to touch you car but water.....

Thanks everyone for being so supportive...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Gee that really sucks....sorry to hear about that but at least they are going to make it good
Whenever I am lazy I only use the Touchless Car Washes as well....cost a little more but then we have nothing to worry about. The ones around here even use air guns to dry out the cracks and crevices.

Let us know if they follow through and take care of it for you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
At least they are going to take care of it. I took my Mustang through on of those and it ripped my passenger mirror off. (don't ask me how) They said they would replace it at first, and then started giving me the run around. I finally got fed up and replaced it myself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got a call from their insurance and they are filing a claim and I should get my money soon........YIPPIE

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Thats good to hear, too bad that you have to go throught all of this but at least they are taking care of the damage. Good luck with the repairs, I hope you find a good shop

1 - 20 of 20 Posts