Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares what Joe says

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guy's and gal's I only have enough $$$ for 1 of these 2 mods this summer. Which out of the 2 would you choose and why.

mod 1. Recaro seats (2g a set)

mod 2. Alpine IVA-D900 Head unit ($1,700)

I keep going back and forth on this and can't make up my mind

Help me out

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Go with the Recaro seats. First of all while in dash LCD screens are cool, they're basically pointless. First of all you really don't use your truck a lot at all. You garage it in the winter. Why have a 1,700 headunit just sitting collecting dust? I know the same could be said for the Recaros...but here's my reasoning:

- You have a Saleen XP8. Make it look like one inside and out. The Recaro's are definitely the way to go to help keep the image.

- You're going to enjoy your seats a hell of a lot better than a stupid headunit.

- The headunit takes up about a foot of your interior not even. Why spend so much for something so little when for $300 more you can get your entire interior redone.

Those are just a few of my ideas and comments, but no matter what I highly encourage you go with the Recaro's. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I kind of agree on Rob's point about how much you drive your X. Seems to me the seats would be the more practical option. Also, you could always get a cheaper head unit. Get an Alpine without the LCD, maybe something in the $300 range and you could have both (sort of). It will at least be a big improvement over the stock system.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Seats definately.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I'm going to tell you what to do, not suggest.

Get the seats, expensive head units are overrated, they are usually no better than 300 dollar ones. Plus when i see you, i won't be able to keep rubbin it in that i have the recaros.

The head unit is a stupid idea.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I think for an April Fools joke I am going to drive to Joe's house and put on some bug guards and window vents, take a bunch of pictures of it, and post it on ExplorerX :devilgrin:

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I think for an April Fools joke I am going to drive to Joe's house and put on some bug guards and window vents, take a bunch of pictures of it, and post it on ExplorerX :devilgrin:

I would love to see the reaction on Joe's face!!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I would love to see the reaction on Joe's face!!
Me too, I say we get a group buy going so we all can! I have one rain guard already

Seriously though, I'd go for the Recaro seats

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Just so you guys know, when voting, the answer "whatever joe thinks" also means recaros, because that's what i think, so feel to give me a vote.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts