Explorer Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and I think that this has something to do with it:

I just got around to installing my MAC intake last night and all day today I kept finding reason to really get on the gas! I love the sound of a V8 breathing in more freely, and can't wait to hear it combined with a free flow exhaust

I also have my drivers side Signal Mirror installed and will have the passengers done on Saturday morning. After I finish, I will post a small how to with some pic's. It is really quite simple. The hardest part is routing the wire from the door to the cabin.

Chad

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Nice Chad! At first I thought you weren't pleased with your MAC intake but upon further reading of the thread I realized that wasn't the case! Awesome!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looks nice, Chad!!

I know what you mean about the problem of jumping on the gas all the time. When I did my Gibson exhaust and K&N intake, I really thought I'd gain a couple of MPG, but it was just the opposite
Turns out, it was all my fault :shootme:

Maybe now that it costs about $40.00 to fill the thing up
, I'll learn to take it easy a little bit

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
$40!!!??? WOW...I don't think I could justify owning an Explorer if it cost me that much to fill my gas all the time....

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Very nice Chad!!!!!

I just filled up today. Approximately 10-11 gallons for $25.60. That's $2.15 per gallon. Gotta love these prices. :roll:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Your gas prices must be cheap then rob. That's about what I pay, a little less(1.75 a gallon x 20), altough I fill up half tanks at a time, to make it hurt less.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Dear God....2.15 per gallon...when I was just up in Rochester I couldn't believe I paid 1.87 per gallon...

Locally here they are ~$1.55...if I was completely on E and filled up my tank it would only cost me $23 max. And my gas tank is the same size as 4-doors.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
DAYUM!!!! $1.55?! I haven't seen that in a few years. $1.87 was our "normal" before the price increase. I remember years ago (about 1997) when gas in Phoenix, AZ was $.99 per gallon and $1.21 here. Wish it was like that again.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Chad, Looks great

Rob, NJ has the cheapest gas around that's why when I am in NJ I alway's fill up. In NY it is around $1.90 for 87 right now but it is expected to go up.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Looks nice Chad, I am looking forward to seeing youre "how to" mirror install.

As far as gas, I only drive my X on the weekend and have to fill it up every weekend.....I'm just glad I dont have to drive it all the time, I would be broke, they are not very gas friendly.

When I wend from my 00 Mountaineer v8 to my ZX3 I was shocked when I filled it up, it would only hold $8.00 and had less than 1/2 a tank, $8.00 in my X wont hardly move the guage

·
Registered
794 Posts
Looks great under the hood there! ?I like to engine cover on the mounty too! ?

The explorers have that too. At least mine did. I am pretty sure that all the other ones did too. Or maybe it is just a V-8 thing. I dont know. But it sure would be great if I could retrofit that thing to be able to fit over the Kenne Bell. Unless I decided to go with the polished one in which case I would be forced to show it off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the cheapest i see gas round here is 1.59, at the reg place its like 1.69, that intake will make u wanna get up an go haha i know how that feels i was the same way with my exhaust

·
Registered
418 Posts
I also have my drivers side Signal Mirror installed and will have the passengers done on Saturday morning. After I finish, I will post a small how to with some pic's. It is really quite simple. The hardest part is routing the wire from the door to the cabin.

Chad
Thank you!!! That would be awsome as I haven't even made an attempt at my install yet...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts