Explorer Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rob,

I was putting the brain in gear again and wondered if it would be possible to include each members birthday under their bio (such as a flashing "Happy Birthday") when it is their birthday?

Also, is there a way to run a quick check program to pull that information so one of us could pull the list of birthdays and then post it?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
(such as a flashing "Happy Birthday") when it is their birthday? ?

That unfortunately believe it or not involves just way too much coding. I really can't do that and although its "cool", its just not worth it in the end.

Also, is there a way to run a quick check program to pull that information so one of us could pull the list of birthdays and then post it?

Unfortunately, no. At least for now. There is a calendar module that I may install (for one thing I'm not even positive if it will work...they don't always work correctly), and if it actually works supposedly it marks down everyones birthdays. That would pretty much be the extent of what I could do. And that's assuming the module is 100% compatible.

I am going to look into this, but unfortunately for some things, this included, I really can't "guarentee" or "promise" anything. But I will certainly try

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
How about something that puts your DOB in your profile? Obviously, it would be voluntary but a lot of forums do that.

Ahem.......That way, when my birthday comes around next Saturday (21st), everyone will know. 8)

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
That's definitely possible (and a hell of a lot easier). But if I can get it to work, I'd like to do what Susie suggested, at least to an extent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts