Explorer Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with a 2nd gen preferably like a 95-98 that has the MAC intake with a 4.0 OHV could you post a picture of your engine bay with your intake. i need to see something. thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok new question- anyone with the mac intake for the 4.0 the new air filter and bracket seem to stick out above where the hood should close. i didn't try to close it but do you have to angle it or something? because when i line up the 2 holes with the holes in the bracket, it sits high and doesnt look right

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Are you sure you have the bracket pushed all the way in? You have to push it pretty hard, harder than you think you should.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess i didnt push that hard. i'll try it again tomorrow. also after i reconnected the battery and everything my check engine light came on and is still on. is this normal

·
Registered
384 Posts
My avatar is a pic of the intake that you are using, I had to cut the bracket, yes it was way too large for our engine bay. I took out the dremel and cutting wheel and started cutting. I ended up putting a bracket in to hold it there but yes the top is to large and the bottom didn't have the right bend shape. So I just cut it up and made it fit the way I wanted it to. I didn't bother using the stock air cleaner box hole I just made a small bracket and hung it .

I will go outside and get a couple of pictures so you know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah pics would probley help. i figured i would have to cut some off the bracket off. its so damn big!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ack man I forgot today damn it it's 11 pm tonite. I will snap em first thing in the morning and put them up and I had the camera outside today too after I washed the stand and X. Bugger me let me see if I got one that you can see in my stuff. I put the only one I had in the picture gallery. the way I did it was where the bottom bracket starts to bend at an angle I sawed it off right there *goes to check the bracket* Yep thats what I did, and on the top I did it at an angle as well but you can see the top from the picture, then I drilled a hole up front there and cut a piece of the bracket since it is strong enough to support the weight and drilled a hole through it and the remaining piece my MAF was attached to You may be able to just chop the top a bit and set it in there and look between your hood and the front end to see if it will touch I used a piece of chalk and rubbed it along the edge there then set the hood on it to see where it was actually touching. Same type of thing when checking for leaks on a convertible except where you got no chalk is probably the leak.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey thanks alot man your directions and pictures helps alot. i'm gonna mess around with it on tuesday i think. so i'll let you all know how it turns out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts