Explorer Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my MAC intake on for a few months and i love it. But i think it sits too high up because when i close my hood it must come down on something because the rubber part of the air filter that connects to the black bracket broke off so i kind of rigged it up temporarily. is there like an adapter that slants down and i could just get a new air filter?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea the rubber tore. it started as just a slice then a big piece ripped off. i hope i can find something that points down and a new filter that will fit. i dont know why it sits so high

·
Registered
384 Posts
I took my dremel and put a cutting tool on it and cut the bottom end of the bracket down, then I drilled a couple of holes and created my own mounting bracket instead of the fender mount. Hope that helps a little bit.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I don't understand how it wouldn't fit properly. I know you really have to push down hard to get the bracket in properly so are you sure it was in all the way? I know when I put mine in I didn't have it in right at first.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
On mine, there isn't much clearance between the tube and hood, but it still clears. I just can't really see why there would be a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts