Explorer Talk banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Hmm...interesting scenario.

I guess it comes down what the award is suppose to represent. Some of these ethnic-centric awards do need to get phased out under certain cirmcumstances. The way I see it, is that these awards are given to people who have to overcome certain things. In this particulare case ,more than likely, the award is given to an African-American(aka a black person) who dispite certain challenges(i.e. racism/being a minority) stood above the rest. Obviously you can't really get into calling this a "Person Who Survived Racism" award, because then that would refelct badly on the school. Politics at work. Luckily, racism is on a decline which is why some of these things need to be phased out.

I'm not sure how I feel about this particular case though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
TFN Rob,

No, this was a large public high school (2,500 students). Like Wilson said, "Zero Tolerance".

We had another school where a girl had a pan of brownies on the fornt seat of her car in the parking lot, and there was a kitchen knife on the floor of the car, presumably to cut the brownies, right? Well, the "weapon" never even made it into the school building, but she was expelled.

I survived seventeen years of Catholic education, and sure, there were some bizarre rules and regs I disagreed with along the way, but never anything quite like this

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here I decided to find a forum for students and did not find anything normal. Firstly, everyone is disgusting outwardly. What prevents the creators from making even the template of this forum.
Secondly, it is up to 100 users. Nowhere can they help me find a service where I can order an essay. I found this Essays.Assigncode.com one. Maybe even advise whether it is worth ordering written paper there? Thank you all guys.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts