Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm really busy right now but here's all the pictures! I will have to fill you in on all the details later. I will try and answer as many questions from you as I can. Everything was basically compatible and a direct bolt-in except for the rear of the center console with the heating ducts. There is a big piece which directs the airflow which is not compatible from the 95-01 4-door consoles to a 01-04 Sport & Sport Trac console. The auto company neglected to send me the new heating duct piece so I will need to get that from a Ford dealer. Right now it just blows out of the bottom vents, not the top. It really overall is no problem - and if the piece is too expensive for some odd reason I will say the hell with it.

My friend (CGAH02) did an amazing custom wiring job and so I have power to BOTH front seats. This is incredible to have!!

The new center console installed....the old console was rediculous to get out

All pictures are available in my '04 interior swap photo galleryhttp://www.explorertalk.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=91

Front seats are heated, two-tone leather with power lumbar and seat adjustments from a 2004 Sport Trac. Center console and rear leather seatas from a 2001 Sport.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks just as nice in person as it does in the pictures i love it man!! >>>P.S. dont ask me to put another center consle in haha<<< just kidding man. u got my help when u need it......

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob as I told you before, it looks amazing!!!
I didn't know you knew CGAH02. That's cool. Glad you got the power seats hooked up!! I know you're loving the comfort of those seats.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah we're best friends from high school.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
That looks great
even the back seats look good without the 2 tone, you guys did a good job

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks
Yeah I'm not even going to bother two-toning the rear. I like it just the way it is. Brings out more attention to the fronts anyway and since the rears are hardly used it'd be a waste of money. The grays match perfectly as well!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
:yourock:

Awesome!!!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like it, and you know how hard ?i am to please

Yes I do know! Wait till you see it in person

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great Rob! ?Congrats! ?Keep an eye out for some door pannels from an 01+ sport and get a new steering wheel and you will be all set! ?

I was going to do the whole door panels thing as well but unfortunately I sent some of the pieces off my door panels to Phoenix Imaging. I'm just going to stick with mine. As far as the wheel I've been thinking about that and I would like to get a new wheel but I figure for probably not much more if not cheaper I can get mine done like Cobra's from Phoenix Imaging.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks a lot man! I love when people look inside it and say "what year is this?" and they are stunned that its a 99. All the guys from the fire department say I take better care of my car then their own wife

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Thanks a lot man! I love when people look inside it and say "what year is this?" and they are stunned that its a 99. All the guys from the fire department say I take better care of my car then their own wife ?

You will find that is very true for most of us. You don't really see many Wife Enthusiasts web sites now do you?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Looks great, Rob.
Money well spent, IMO. I know those heated seats will come in handy during those NJ winters (like this one, for example). I know I used mine when I was home in December.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts