Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
A B- would be terribly generous. To me he's doing nothing more than wasting his time, money, and making himself look like a fool. If he spent the money on painting the god-awful trim, and cleaning up the entire look of his Explorer inside and out then maybe he could have something worth looking at. The pedals is the perfect example for the point I am about to make: his entire truck is half-assed. You get what you put in.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
ITS A BIG FAKE

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tommy I left out the part I was showing my wife a couple of XP8's and I was looking for a red one that was the first thing I looked at what a turn off. My wife's comment was How could someone disgrace a set of Saleen pedals like that. Followed by epoxy, I can't believe he was going to epoxy them. But I have to give him some credit for trying to make the best of the situation. After all not all of us were lucky enough to buy one off the lot. I spent most of the three years they were available deployed so buying a vehicle wasn't a big priority. I look back now and wish I had bought one to just sit around and collect dust.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Tommy I left out the part I was showing my wife a couple of XP8's and I was looking for a red one that was the first thing I looked at what a turn off. My wife's comment was How could someone disgrace a set of Saleen pedals like that. Followed by epoxy, I can't believe he was going to epoxy them.

I agree

But I have to give him some credit for trying to make the best of the situation.

I can't give any credit to him after seeing those pics

After all not all of us were lucky enough to buy one off the lot.

Luck had nothing to do w/it. I had no responsibilities back then and had some $$$ after working hard and saving up

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay rob please take that pic down that just kills the whole thread.. I look at those and kind of feel nautious.

Oh Also Rob my wife said get the mustang site up.

On a lighter note Tommy someone finally responded to you in the SOEC forums. Should tell the rest of the Saleen owners out there about it too.. Seems dusty.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What a crackhead.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
WOW - I was actually on Cardomain a couple of days ago, and I opened this guy's page. I didn't get too far before I decided it wasn't anything I was interested in, but holy crap, I never made it to the part where the Saleen pedal was glued right on top of the other one!!! Yup, you bet, thats exactly how Saleen would put together a 2004 XP8, which would probably cost about $60,000.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
That whole X is just gross. I think it should have been left a stock XLT. I cannot believe he actually drilled those pedals on to the stock ones.
It looks horrible. That poor Explorer.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I cannot believe he actually drilled those pedals on to the stock ones.
It looks horrible. ?That poor Explorer.

That is how they acually are installed (by Saleen) also those Saleen pedals are for the 2nd gen X not a 3rd gen and the brake pedal is different.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Just noticed, those pedals are off a Saleen stang not a X (not the same) and the brake pedal on 2nd & 3rd gen X's are the same. Looking at them on there just screwed up my mind and I was not thinking right

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
OH GOD IT'S HIDIOUS!!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That is how they acually are installed (by Saleen) also those Saleen pedals are for the 2nd gen X not a 3rd gen and the brake pedal is different.

Tommy that may be a correct install method but I am sure that Saleen at least grinds the rest of the pedal down so it looks straight. I mean come on we all know how it should be;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts