Explorer Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just won an auction on eBay for 17" Cobra R rims (polished) with 275/55/17 tires on them. Now I know what you might be thinking, "man you should've got 18's or 20's!" Yes yes I know but for the price that I got these rims and tires at, I absolutely could NOT turn it down.

And for anyone who doubts the look of 17" Cobra R's on a lowered Explorer, all I gotta say is.....

BING!

Coming soon on my to-buy/to-mod list:

- EE X-Spec Suspension kit

- Take front torsion bolts completely out for maximum drop

- X-Spec wing (whenever it comes out
)

- Mustang GT hood scoop

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
awesome! cant wait to see pic's. Gonna look pimp

...man seeing all these rims wants me to go ahead and charge me some! lol!

(side note) I'm really feeling that front air dam 8)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Congrats man!
Like I said before, I really wanted to do the R's on my X and they are still one of my favorites. You really can't go wrong with em'. Trust me, when you get them on there, you'll have that X dropped in about a days time!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(side note) I'm really feeling that front air dam ?8)

Yeah, you definitely have to get one! I know I will soon, need to save up for painting all my trim panels and bumpers black first.

Congrats man!
? Like I said before, I really wanted to do the R's on my X and they are still one of my favorites. ?You really can't go wrong with em'. ?Trust me, when you get them on there, you'll have that X dropped in about a days time!

Ideally I'd really love to do that. But I'm going to save my money for the X-Spec suspension kit and get it done right. I don't want to lower it running on stock shocks.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$691 to my door including shipping. Tires only had 3,500 miles on them. Used for only two months. Rims are in absolute brand new condition. Mint.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely! Like I said, I would be a complete fool to pass it up. You don't get lucky twice.

:!:

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Congrats Rob!!!!! Those will look great on your ride!!!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I definitely can't wait to put them on and lower my ride. 8)

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just paid for em so I guess I'll get them in a couple weeks or so. Now I just need to wait till Spring to put them on

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I bet you can't wait to get them!!! You could always just put them on just to see how they look then take 'em off.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They're being sent to home, where I am right now until tonight, meanwhile I'll be practically in Canada and the amount of snow they get up there is insane. So I probably won't be coming home until Spring anyway (not gonna do all the work to put them on in the winter down here).

Meanwhile, hopefully I'll have enough money set aside to purchase the X-Spec suspension kit towards the summer so ideally I'd like to install that and the new rims all at the sametime. 8)

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Sounds like a good plan Rob.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice...im partial to the cobra r's myself..
Yup, gotta love your 20 inchers....looks amazing!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FIGURES....

Well I finally got the whole rims and tires situation figured out with the guy, I apparently sent it to his wrong Paypal address or something so I canceled the first payment attempt and I have to send him the payment to the correct account but havent done so yet. Anyway, I found 18" Saleen XP8 rims (rims only) for $700 and change shipped to my door
and now I am feelin like I really should just get those instead. I'll have to save up money for tires obviously but it's not like I'll even be able to use these rims for a long time anyway. I dunno what to do....what do you guys suggest?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts