Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought me a pair of jba chrome headers for my 02 v6 today from EE today.. i red in the other forum like 5 min after i bought them that there really hard to install and have to take the engine out.. is that true bc if thats true im gona try to get a refund but i hope u dont.....i thought that the headers just bolt on to were the stockers are.. im also gona be buying a gibson cat back so ill be putting them on at the same time....

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
That doesn't make any sense, no you do not need to remove the engine just to swap headers.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"jba does make some nice stuff too, i had bought a set and fondled and cuddled with them before getting a refund due to a botched install. i'm gonna get them again if I ever have my engine out."

that was said in the EE forum

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I have no clue but that makes no sense. I just watched a show called Trucks on Spike TV and the guy swapped out the headers and showed him doing it on a F-250. And he certainly didn't pull the engine out. He didn't even take the front wheels off.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea true come to think of it yea that doesnt make sence.. haha i watch that show all the time . i cant wait for him to hook up a explorer one day... how long it usauly take to shipp from EE to NJ

·
Registered
155 Posts
Pull the engine to install headers? I don't think so. Yes they are tough. Some folks may look at it and think that it is impossible, but it is not. It is what I call a "hand scraper". It is a very tight fit, but it is doable.

The shipping to N.J. takes about a week.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Thanks for the clarification John. No one would know better than you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts