Explorer Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw on a web site that jet chips makes a chip for the 4.0 02 explorers for 240.. would u guys recomend that or the apten chip and why?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Apten. Jet has a bad reputation. Never used it myself but I wouldn't even think about it after the things I've heard. I've never once heard a complaint about Apten chips.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Apten. Jet has a bad reputation. Never used it myself but I wouldn't even think about it after the things I've heard. I've never once heard a complaint about Apten chips.

I 2nd that 100%
I third that 110%

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have the JET chip currently before I order one from Brian. I was getting this horrible idle and it would stall out on occasion. Over the last two weeks I spent a week with it in and the last week with it out of my X, I must say without the chip I actually have better performance, I could notice the shift point difference with the JET chip however.. Now that I have been running for an entire week without the jet chip in my idle has returned to the smooth runner I have come to expect. Jet may make chips or programmers for other applications that prove to be useful but I wouldn't buy one for my X again. Also you can't really beat the price Brian can reburn or retune your computer and he doesn't charge anymore than any other chip/programmer manufacturer. I would and am going with Apten.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts