Explorer Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In our second Featured Member Profile, we take a look at Joe Deguzman's highly modified 2001 Explorer Sport Trac. Needless to say the pictures speak for themselves, but as cool as the Sport Trac is, Joe's even cooler. Read on for the full interview; you don't want to miss this.

<center>
</center>

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Damn!!!!! That's nice!!!! Oh yeah, the Sport Trac is nice too.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pray that guy is alright, because he contacted me not long after the fires first started and said that it was getting pretty serious near where he lives with the fires. After all he was literally right in the ground zero of the fires (He lives in San Diego).

I'm going to try to contact the guy and make sure he's alright, cause I haven't heard from him since...my Aunt + Uncle just barely dodged the fires hitting their home by only six miles...

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
dang, fire is some serious ****, with lots of natural disasters they last for minutes/hours/days fire is weeks and months and its completely devastating, sad sad circumstances

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell me about it. I had to respond to a house fire on the day before thanksgiving...the poor family lost their home right before Thanksgiving, the wife came home from work to see it after we were already there, and her husband was at JFK airport to pickup relatives for a Thanksgiving gathering they were going to have at their house the next day....

Where is the mercy??

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
o yea, i forgot about u being a firefighter, the major problem with fire, is that it is so hard to control, even a house fire can take like 2-3 trucks, with that many acres of fire it is insanity to try to control it

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, out in California I think there was like 80 acres of land being burned per second!!!

That is one hell of a statement on nature's behalf...theres a reason why its called 'mother nature'....

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Yeah, out in California I think there was like 80 acres of land being burned per second!!!

That is one hell of a statement on nature's behalf...theres a reason why its called 'mother nature'....

G

·
over the summer i went to Philmont New Mexico, and they had a huge forestfire last year i belive and hiking threw the "ground zero" grounds was really weired, everything is chared but the interesting thing is, after a year vegetation is already growing back....but the have mad problems with flash floods....our hole camp site was flooded because it rained for 20mins and our camp was next to a dried up stream, it was insaine. I was talking to a few "forest people" there and they say its because no one allows controlled burns anymore and all that vegetation build up on the ground isn't good, its just fuel for the fire.....but i gess theirs a big controversy over controled burns, because its not "controled"....well thats my little story....peace

1 - 13 of 13 Posts