Explorer Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave: So I finally got the springs in yesterday. Might "settle" in a little lower, we'll see in a few weeks or few hundred miles. I will try and post another pic in several weeks for comparison.

Just gotta smoke the head/tail lights out and pretty much done with this project... :rockon:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, man. Thanks much for that. I used the H&R #51630 springs. $450 for install and alignment at a very good shop, with BMW certified techs, not bad at all. I can post the alignment sheet if anyone needs to check it out. They got it within stock specs. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Looks nice. I hope you tested clearance by having 2nd/3rd row passengers and/or the max cargo you'd haul or tow, and drove on a twisty, bumpy road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I didn't really test it out formally, I guess, but did leave some stuff in the back like the stock springs and my winter tires/stock wheels, then drove around for a few weeks. I would imagine everything is "settled in" now and the clearance is ok.

I would say it's a pretty damn near perfect drop for someone who wants to get rid of wheel gap/have a little better handling, but doesn't want to slam it down because of the roads in their area. In New England I don't really want to go too low, so this has proven to be a good purchase for me. If I could afford it, I would have bagged it.

Time to clay bar 'n wax ASAP.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a more recent shot, been about 6 weeks w/ the H&R springs, and did a clay bar/wax detail for Summer. Everything seems to be AOK...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts