1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i got metered with 2 of my friends yesterday:

here's how it went:

me (2 audibahn flame q' 12"s in custom doubleshot box): 139.1 db at 43 hz

alex (2 audiobahn natural sound 12"s + 1 same 15" in generic boxes): 121.6 db at 43 hz

jopez (1 13w7 in HO box): 136.9 db at 43hz

so ladies and gentlemen, the box i have will make any sub outperform generic sealed boxes, and EVEN a JL HO box.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol 500 watts? im running about 400... my RF power 451s was puttin out 225 x 2 at 2 ohms about. I played a bass song from a cd and got about 156, i have no idea what frequency though.

it was on the new mics, and i have no idea whether it's official or not. Im hoping to get a power 1051s or power 851x bridged at 4 ohms. Should bump my score up to about 145, 150?

autotek do u have any pics of ur system?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thats y i said "or so", i knew it was somewhere around there, lol. A legal score would be taken at the dash on the passengers side. As for the 139, thats a good score for the new sensors(was it the Term-lab meter?).

That would be a good idea to get some more power, but i dont really see a 145 and not a chance in hell for a 150. Between what ive been reading and the scores ppl have been getting , it takes alot of power and the right install to hit numbers like that. Heres a link to my cardomain, its got the info on my system and some pics.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/437868

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gimme more then 250w x 2 and i'll hit 150! my custom box is the ish! but my mids are like hheeelllpp mee haha

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
btw autotek, nice system, ur box is alot like mine except ALOT bigger. But yah gimme whatever watts ur puttin out on ur subs and we'll see what's up :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/ExplorerRoofBrahma.AVI

this was last year with 1 Brahma 15 and 1580 watts RMS in a 4.5 cube tuned to 34Hz---45Hz burp---149.3dBs

now I have 2 Brahma 15's in a 6.0 cube tuned to 29Hz with over 3000 watts on them----152.1dBs now

both are on the old Termlab

I haven't gotten to hook up to the new Linear X or the new Termlab

Awesome scores man. I want to get mine on the new termlab sometime soon. I'm thinking about switching to an H2 with a 2500D. BTW I just checked out your car domain, your install is amazing, very clean man, keep up the great work.

Thanks for the comment DirtMcGirt. But sorry, you obviously have no idea of how tough the termlab sensor is. Don't be saying that you def gonna hit 150 with 2000 watts, 2 12"s and a double shot. Its not that easy. On the old meters, yes thats more than possoble. Im sure Dave knows what im talking about.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i calculated it on new mics with one of my P4S friends, i'd need about 2500 watts to get to 145 :( so if i got 4000 watts i could MAYBE get 150 on one burp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts