Explorer Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks Great. I don't have any pictures yet but it was so easy to put on. 20 min tops for both pieces. Very excited. Now if I can only get my paint fixed.........Oh by the way.....The paint at the top or my rear pillars, on the outsides of the rear window is discolored.......Is that covered under the warrantee. And has anyone had the problem with grease getting on the inside of the window when you roll them down? Sorry to put so much into one post but I don't want to clutter up the whole forum with my ?'s......thanks again

-----Caleb

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
sounds nice, I hope you can post some pics. What color is youre X? what does the discolored area look like? It realy depends on what is wrong or what is causeing the discoloration, and if it was repainted, warrenty should cover the paint problem if it is something that Ford did wrong. As far as the grease on the window, I havent had any problem like that, that should be covered by warrenty as long as it hasnt been worked on before, I guess I should ask what year is youre X and did you buy it new or used.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is an 02 and it is black. I bought it used from a for dealership. The Discoloration looks like the clear coat is coming off, but iI'm not sure

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have the wierd greasy window issue. Both front windows, when I got the X, had greasy s*** all along the top edge, like if there was something up inside the seals. I thought they just did a bad job detailing before delivery, but there definitely was something up in there that was getting all over the top edge of the glass. After cleaning it about 10,000 times, its pretty much gone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is anout 6in from the top of the window and it dries hard. I had to scrub it with amonia to get it off. My girlfriend's dad have a '04 f150 and his has done a similar thing and the dealership said it was from too much grease in the regulator or something like that.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
It is an 02 and it is black. ?I bought it used from a for dealership. ?The Discoloration looks like the clear coat is coming off, but iI'm not sure

I would take it to the dealer and see what they have to say about it...keep us posted.

I'm glad that I dont have a grease problem......yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts