Explorer Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well, after only three months of futzing around trying to decide, I just phoned in my order to Explorer Express for my new hood scoop!!!

Now I'll just drive myself nuts waiting for it to get here!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Awesome man, you will totally love it. It really looks incredible on 3rd generation Explorers. Just look at dwtc's and you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup - DWTC's looks great, and I really love the silver Explorer Express truck, too.

Oh, and yours, of course

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
That's awsome!!!!! I can't wait to see it on your X!!!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I know you will really like it, the fit is great, they did a great job on the color match also on mine. The thing I really liked about it is that I was able to mount it without drilling holes in my hood, I think they want you to use the screws that come with it but the scoop is lightweight and the 2 sided tape that comes with it is very strong. I have been keeping a eye on it to make sure it dosnt start to come loose since it was pretty cold when I installed it.

Your color will be harder for them to match being 3 stage but if you look close at some of the oem parts (handles and tailgate trim) you will notice they dont match perfectly. I know my tailgate and handle cover are way off from the factory.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
You say "Back the f**k away from my hood scoop bi-atch!!" Well I don't know how well that would go down but have him get his own.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Just hand him EE's number and have him order one for himself.

Do you have the 3rd row seat in your X? If not, you could always hide the scoop in one of those under-the-floor compartments. Hell, even if you do have the 3rd row seat, put the scoop in back on the floor and fold the seat over it. He'll be like "Now where did that scoop go?"

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Solution: Lick the hood scoop, and say "still want it?"

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Tell him to order a complete hood (at least they make hoods for the F150's) My dad got the Mach 1 looking hood with the 2 scoops for his Red 02 Lightning, he had the scoops painted black with the stripes going up onto the roof, it turned out real nice......until the had to put his red white and blue bug guard back on :roll:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts