Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
8O Sweet, I was looking at those before I lucked out and found my seats. Those are going to look so good in youre X

Are you doing the install? If you are did you get the kit that they sell?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Awesome!! Those truly look amazing! I can't wait to see them installed. Man, you have one HELL of an Explorer Ted!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I would kill to have a set of those!!!! Congrats on your newest mod.
Can't wait to see them installed!!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I had them in my UPS truck all day and I kept stopping to look at them.

dwtc, I will be installing them on Friday.

muncheese, I had my grille repainted and hadn't had a chance to put it back on.

BTW, I also had my hatch shaved. No more wiper, emblems and window button.
Pics will come soon.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow sweet!!! Also, I didn't know you drove for UPS. If I had been you I would have dropped those off at the house first thing.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow sweet!!! ?Also, I didn't know you drove for UPS. ?If I had been you I would have dropped those off at the house first thing.
Yeah, I would have but my route isn't close to the house. Don't want to get caught bringing packages from the truck into my own home. They might think somethings up.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Those are going to look great when you get them in Ted. New seats or covers are something I will have to start thinking about in a few months. Mine are looking a little shady now...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Sooo...why's the grille off?
Just curious.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ted, your truck is just looking incredible! The seats are going to look awesome. I'm jealous!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Good luck with the seat covers
hopefully they wont give you any problems. Sometimes that kind of thing can be a PITA

I cant wait to see the Tailgate pics, that has to be awesome

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I watched the video on how to do the install and the guy in the vid made it look so easy. Hopefully, I wont run into any problems because I've got a show this weekend and these things are going on no matter what.

Yeah, the grille is off because I had it trimmed a little and then repainted. I didn't have very good tools when I did it the first time. So I had the body shop do it as well as shaving the hatch and repainting the hood. Sorry, I didn't get any pics yet but definately this weekend. But I will tell you what I have done.

- The rear wiper, rear window button and emblems were all shaved. A solenoid was installed so I can open the rear window with my alarm remote.

- I had my wiper cowel, sight shield(that plastic piece that you lift up to get to the headlights) and coolant/wiper reservoir all painted to match. I have to pick them up the day before the show.

- I got some billet pieces to dress up the engine bay.

- A billet Optima battery cover(this thing looks nice, just got it today!)

- Alpine 9815 HU installed(well not hooked up yet)

- Automation pedals are installed

- Katzkins are going in on Friday

- Still waiting on my left dash cowl from Phoenix Imaging. :roll:

That's all for now.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts