Explorer Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been browsing ebay and all of the kits seem cheap and I am not looking to spend a fortune on a K&N setup NEW. Does any one have a used kit or a idea on how to get parts to fabricate a intake?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I definitely recommend either asking these two members of this forum: FLIK from FLIK Kustoms, or John V from Explorer Express.

Alternatively, you may find Kurtz Kustomz Motorsports (KKM) of use as well. I use a KKM intake hit myself.

G

·
A free and easy mod if you're will to do some cutting is to take the lower portion of the air box and cut as many holes in it as you can. Man have does this and I have done similar, only I was actually lucky getting an older one with a conical type stock
Its free, and produces almost the same results, adn if you use a K&N drop-in you get similar to their rip-off FIPK. Ok, so it is worth the sound and the little kick it provides

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I recommend just getting the conical filter if you're going to do it that way and remove the airbox completely.

·
Registered
28 Posts
here is an intake i can get for you by MAC.

this one by MAC is 159.00 + Ship. Looks real nice and priced better than the K&N for 219.00 Plus ship!

Flik Kustoms

1 - 6 of 6 Posts