Explorer Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone my Manufacturer Just came up with a new Product and I am looking for a few people to test it out and give honest feedback on it. It is an HID kit where you can adjust the Brightness depending on driving conditions. There are 5 Settings, The first level, is for city road use which has street lights. The second level, is used for suburban roads with street light. The third level, is for normal road use without street light. The fourth level, is for freeway use without street light.The fifth level, is suitable for off-road vehicle use as well as rainy and foggy days. I will be offering the kit at what it costs me to buy it, which I will not advertise in the thread, If someone is interested I will pm them the details and the cost. I am looking for a couple people to test the kit so I can get a couple different reviews. If for any reason you do not like the kit I will refund what you paid for it. I am looking for 2-5 people and will begin a list below. I am still debating whether to add this product to my web site, I think its a cool idea but want to find out how well it really works.

1. RJ68

2. 99SportX

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't have to be super detailed, I just want to get some feedback on the kits to see if I will carry them as a regular item.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you could PM me with a price...hint of interest.

Basically its an HID kit that you can adjust from say like 4K all the way up to like 12 or 14K?

Actually the kits stays one color, your just adjusting the intensity of the lights (the amount of Lumens) so its like having a low beam, low-medium beam, medium beam, medium-high beam and high beam all in one kit. I hope I explained it a little better. I have also Pm'd you the price.

The biggest benefit of this kit that i see is when driving in the city you can turn the brightness down and avoid blinding oncoming drivers, plus when you are driving on back roads you just turn it up. This is also great for people the don't want to buy two kits one for low and one for high beams as the majority of bulbs do not come in that format. I can get the ajustable kits in any bulb.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I am interested but like above price is the issue. I have a '05 F150 is that gonna be a issue? I was thinking of buying a set and then going to projector headlights to kill the glare. But I was planning on buying a Dual beam kit anyways.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what does the kit look like? I take it you have a mount a control box in the vehicle somehwere, how big is it?

This is the only picture I have of the kit so far but it looks like the controler is is half the size of the ballast, I will email my manufacturer and get the exact measurments. As far as the details I am assuming it controls the wattage delivered through the ballast which changes the brightness, I can't confirm this as I have not spoken to their engineer yet, but when I get all the details on how it works I will post them up.

[attachment=12806:1103061264.jpg]

Ok I had a chance to talk to my manufacturer and they do not want to give me any details due to the fact they are the first company to my knowledge to produce this type of kit, they do not want to give out any info that may give their competition something. To Reasure everyone, who ever decides to test the kit and does not like it, I will refund their money 100%.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
pretty interesting!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK all pm's have been sent. I also was able to get a little more info on the kits. They do control the wattage 30-50w. I have a 50w kit on my other car (nissan maxima) and they are much brighter than the 35w kits so there will be a difference between the lowest and highest setting. Also the measurement on the control device 6.7cm Length X 4 cm Width X 1cm thick

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I am officially on the list now. They aren't goin on my explorer though, as I just recently bought a dual beam set from Ryan in the group buy. They are going on a friends/neighbors car.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts