Explorer Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought id mention that i found a co. that has interior dress up kits for us gen 3 owners. Many styles to pick from. Im always on the hunt to find dress up items for gen 3's. If interested go to BDTrims.com

Happy Hunting! Lenny

http://www.bdtrims.com/

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that's cool. They make a kit for my truck too. Not that I would buy one but that is cool.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
That looks like a lot of options. I think Susie was looking at something like this for her Limited.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Nothing Phoenix Imaging does is "real"....and there is even a difference between "simulated carbon fiber" and what PI does. PI uses a process called photogenesis, and theres a page on their website about what exactly that is.

I guess my point here is that the Phoenix Imaging parts I have done in "carbon fiber" don't resemble at all the real carbon fiber mirror covers i have. And thats kind of disapointing, but what do you expect.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Can someone explain to me the difference between these peices, and full molded peices. Are the full molded ones replacement parts?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Can someone explain to me the difference between these peices, and full molded peices. Are the full molded ones replacement parts?
I just grabbed this from the auto accessories page:

Molded kit - When you hold a molded dash trim in your hands it will be a contoured piece that will wrap around your whole console. A molded kit means the pieces of the dash trim are molded to fit and wrap your dash counsel. In most cases when you install the molded piece on the dash counsel it will wrap around the whole thing and it will "LOOK" like you replaced your whole dash counsel. Big car manufacturing companies will most likely have a molded kit installed in the car from the factory. It is mostly recommended for cars where the counsel has a lot of contours and moldings that the flat dash trim would not look as good.

Flat kit - The flat kit has flat flexible pieces which go on the counsel. It won't wrap around the dash counsel it will only go on top like an accent. Flat kits will bend even up to 90 degrees but they won't wrap around all the sidings of the dash counsel. Most of the time it is not even necessary to mold the siding because the dash counsel is in depth. The edges are nice and smooth making it look like an accent which is suppose to be where it is. Flat dash kits are most likely to found on cars at your local dealerships installed by the dealerships. They look very good on dash counsels which are flat or contoured.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks Rob. What about price? I can get the BDTrims kit in "real" carbon fiber for 175 bucks shipped. How much would the same 19 peice kit be if it was molded? Or better yet, do you know of any links?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I can get the BDTrims kit in "real" carbon fiber for 175 bucks shipped.

How many pieces does that include in the kit? I am interested...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts