Explorer Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know that I found the problem with my loose back driver side door...after going back and forth between fords and they not finding anything, I decided to start figuring it out myself...well I ordered new weatherstripping for the door and the weatherstripping on the car itself...that fixed the problem completly. You don't know how excited i am to finally trust my door again after 4 months of argueing with ford...i can't wait to tell the service manager how I fixed it. Too bad i had to pay for the parts but it was money well spent since it made my happy.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would take it back to the dealer that failed to "solve" your issue and ask that they refund you for your out of pocket costs to solve your issue. If the or rather when they decline, call Ford's regional support for your area and politely ask if they will assist you in recovering your costs due to the inability of their dealer to solve your problem.

It's worth a shot. It worked for me on an issue I had with my A4.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If the dealer refuses to reimburse you you can write to the appeals board and they will probably send you a check. I had to do this once when an EGR valve went bad at 52K. I had it fixed and went to the dealer for reimbursement but they refused to reimburse me because I was 2k miles over my emissions warranty. I wrote to the appeals board and recieved a check in less than 2 weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts