Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my 2nd row door on the driver side sounds loose when i go over a decent size bump, so far ford has replaced the latch and readjusted it over and over, the problem is still there, they are now saying i have to take off my Westin step bars to confirm it is not them making the noise, I know its not them because i was having this issue before i put those bars on. Anybody know what else it could be??? I don't feel it's safe for it to be loose and i have a feeling ford is going to tell me to piss off soon. Another thing i found is when i push the door i hear the door hitting something, you can hear a click, none of the other doors do this. Anybody have any suggestions???

TIA

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im trying my hardest....hopefully they'll find it because i don't want a car where i don't feel safe with someone in the back seat

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Just let your wife ride back there.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
That's similar to my response to people when they describe a whining noise in their X. "Kick your wife out of the car. That'll solve it."

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now now people...i been thinking do you think it could be the door panel, because if it was the door wouldn't i hear metal hitting??? what i hear is more of a plastic bang???

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
? ?now now people...i been thinking do you think it could be the door panel, because if it was the door wouldn't i hear metal hitting??? ?what i hear is more of a plastic bang???
You have to overlook Eric....he's a newly wed and knows not what he says, cause if he did he would know not to ever say anything about his lovely wife like that

By the way, keep on 'em, don't let them get away with it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Stay on them jhromy. Do like Magic said...

(Glad to see you over here also
)

Don't mind Eric too much - He talks a lot because his wife isn't here...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cobra I'm everywhere, lol

LOL snoozer as long as his wife doesn't read what he writes he'll be fine

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The sad thing is, I say the same things to her (jokingly, of course).

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
It sounds like something is loose inside the door, if you hear the noise when you close the door then most likely it wouldnt be the step bars, the shop should know that. It sounds like they need to take the trim panel off and check everything inside.

Have you tried closing the door with the window open to see if you can hear a difference? Maby there is a loose regulator, window guide, who knows, there are alot of parts inside the door. Did the dealer have the body shop look at the noise? They may have some ideas. Has the door been repaired before?

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to think what it could be

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well i don't hear the noise when i close the door, i hear the noise when i hit a bump, but if the door is closed and i push on it from the outside i can hear something hitting, none of the other doors do that. I was thinking maybe it's the panel because if it was the door wouldn't i hear metal banging??? but then again if it was the panel why would i hear the noise when i push on the door while it's closed...I'm going to take the panel off today and drive around with it off to see if that's it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well its not the door panel, and nothing inside looks or feels loose, i tightened everything i saw, i noticed one screw holding the speaker was loose so i was thinking that was it, but nope, i did drive around with no door panel and the door was still loose over bumps...the only possible thing i could think of is it has to be the door latch, maybe it's misaligned somehow???

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
That sucks that you cant find anything wrong with the door, could it be something else in that area and it just sounds like it is comming from the door?

How hard is it to remove the step bars, you may want to remove them and check for the noise with them off, at least it would help rule out the bars. Sometimes something like that can be so hard to find. Did you check the rear seats to make sure they are not loose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yesterday when i removed the door panel i removed the step bars, they came off in like 5 mins, i didn't have to remove the brackets thats why, the brackets are tight as a rock, im pretty sure its the door because i have gotten the door ajar light a couple of times and i would have to open and close that door, i will check the seats though next time i head out there, thanks for the suggestion, hopefully ill have this fixed soon....tomorrow morning im dropping it off at ford.

I'm also positive its not the step bars because i was at ford with this problem before i had the step bars installed, but i did take them off just to make ford happy and to rule it out completely.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well ford fixed every single rattle besides the loose door that i brought it in there for...they also stated ford only covers rattles for 12 months, so next time i want them to look at it i need to pay....not happening...what i did find out last night is if i watched someone push the door from the outside i can see teh door moving back and forth and the other doors dont do that...im planning on adjusting the door striker to see if that's the cause??? I'm hoping cause I'm down to my last resort....I could bring it to another ford by my work but you don't know how tired i am of going to ford over and over...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts