Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I took my torsion bolts out completely today and my god it looked amazing even with the stock rims. i believe i got a 3" or more drop. my airdam sits only a few inches off the ground. Tomorrow a shop is putting my edelbrock shocks in and installing the 2" blocks in the rear and putting my 20 inch rims on. Right after i pick it up i have an appointment at the tire shop to get it aligned. I will definately get pictures up either tomorrow or friday.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Congrats!!!! I can't wait to see the pics!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Lowered front of X today--Tomorrow Blocks, Shocks, Wheel

Well I got the explorer back today and i think it looks great. Heres a few pictures. I'll get more tomorrow in daylight

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Wow that looks awesome, I just wish you got better pictures of it and not with the wheel turned from the side

But seriously that looks awesome as hell!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea im def. gonna get pics tomorrow. it was almost dark out and i had to hurry. i was glad that there is no rubbing whatsoever even with the wheel turned the whole way. the edelbrock shocks help the ride alot.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
What are the tire dimensions? What is the offset and backspacing of the wheel? How rough is the ride? (not because its lowered, im talking because you're on 20's)

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that looks really nice!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are the tire dimensions? What is the offset and backspacing of the wheel? How rough is the ride? (not because its lowered, im talking because you're on 20's)

The tire dimensions are 275/45-20. Not sure about the offset and backspacing but i'll check on that. The ride isnt bad at all its just different. But the guy who did the alignment said that i have a swaybar bushing missing so when i turn sometimes there is a little vibration on the steering wheel but im getting it fixed in the next few days. the 20s feel great actually

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes everyone in my town stares at it now. now i have to do some little stuff like:

1) Sand and paint my stepbars and a few spots on front bumper

2) Get my exhaust tips welded on

3) 20% tint on front windows

4) Fix my fog light switch--it used to light up orange when ON and green when OFF and it stopped working after about a week. anyone know what the problem is? the wires?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

it's amazing what a set of wheels and a drop can do to a vehicle, that looks GREAT !

I cant wait to see more pics

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

it's amazing what a set of wheels and a drop can do to a vehicle, that looks GREAT !

I cant wait to see more pics

My thoughts exactly. I couldnt believe the difference in looks when i first saw this.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

Looks great 97!

Sometimes makes me wish I had a 2 door....

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
No dude! if I could do it all over again I'd definitely have a 4-door

1 - 20 of 43 Posts