Explorer Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the lowering kit got here today as well as the front Edelbrock shocks. This weekend I will take step by step pictures and send em to Rob so he can post it up. Unless he already has pictures done of it. None the less just an update.

*wipes away the drool and contains himself for two more days* :usa:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hey man I would totally appreciate pictures. I still have to take some photos of my suspension and stuff, but hey theres nothing wrong with more pictures. After all I have a 2-door. Good luck with the install, and you won't believe the improvement in handling!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't be too hard. Although it is the first time I have ever tried to actually lower anything. I went and got salt in my wife's Mustang today for the water softner, two bags of that stuff made it look like her GT was lowered.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Congrats on getting it!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like another time when there isn't so much snow. I don't have time to drive a half hour to get it aligned. When I get a day off work it looks like. Did the tie rod ends in under a half hour today. though Never paid attention to it but anyone else only have the adjust on the passenger side?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright i finally got the time to do the front end today as I have Monday off. Let me tell you this I had to finally do it with the wheels on the ground my Torsion bars did not move anymore than a quarter of an inch the way the instructions said it should. So with the wheels on the ground I measured and measured and measured lifted and lowered etc. finally got it down to where it was supposed to be. instead of the hour and a half I had set aside it took 4. No big deal I snapped a few shots and i must say the ride home was sure smoother on the front end and those Edelbrocks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will have to put them up on my website the hardest part about it is taking the fenderwell pieces out. The cams are idiot proof Had I left the setting I think My front end would have been close to aligned, I will see how far off it is tomm when I take it in here. As it sits right now it pulls just a little bit to the right. I will have to upload them here or something I don't seen to be able to put them in here perhaps I am missing something

I put a few pics in the user gallery not of much help but I was crunched for time.

That is with the front end lowered parked at an angle and the drivers rear tire is in a little drainage path so it is makes the front look a little higher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts