Explorer Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats so bad about them ... Ive seen a couple people with them and they loog good to me .... Am I not getting something ??
:

Im really ansy to get a wing, my truck just looks horrid without one ...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Matt (FordExplorer157) has a painted one on his Explorer and it does look really good. I'm still going to hold out for a X-Spec wing though...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I know I should probably hold out ... But I guess Ill try and do other mods first. But i dont know how much longer I can hold out ...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Here's my problem with them. They do look good painted and from a side angle. But from a distance and from more of a rear angle, they do not look good at all:

I'm not willing to waste my time overall on one. The third brake light opening doesn't even align properly. I know its becoming more and more of a task but I will continue to wait for the "real deal"

G

·
I have one and i love the thing to death, its not painted its just black, i think its a waste to paint it.....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is all too confusing .. some people love them and others hate them ... Im going to have to just wait it out a little longer.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
This is all too confusing .. some people love them and others hate them ... Im going to have to just wait it out a little longer.

Ive noticed that too.

I do like mine mainly because hardly any other x's on the road have them. I also do like the look.

Mines slightly different than the others (check out my cardomain page). Mine was on the x when my parents bought it. Depending on how much they cost, Im not sure if i woulda bought one. You decide, after all, its your X!

·
Registered
107 Posts
perhaps try getting a caravan wing from a junk yard or a lexas suv wing and do some chopping and resin work instead of the wankerjammers option?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I heard a Windstar wing also works good. I think if the X-Spec wing doesnt make it soon I will try and do this.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i had been eye-ing the late model dodge caravan wing since its inseption and pondering... I put longboards on my roof ...the curvature of the boards will not allow me to try it out. and still strap them on properly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts