Explorer Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question
:

1 A lot of people like the Flowmaster exhaust sound but you do not provide this, is there a reason?

2 nor do you carry the Mac Cat back exhaust system when you carry the Mac Intake, again is there a reason?

3 The X-spec exhaust system on EE web site, has not been available for some time and when I questioned it I was informed that magnaflow which built it pulled out. Will you have another to replace it any time soon besides the DynoMax?

It angers me to see after-market world going out of their way to make everything from A to Z for the Hummer’s, Navigator’s, & Escalades but when you look out the window all you see is hundreds of EXPLORER’s it doesn't make since

I’m glad Explorer Express is in our little corner and keep up the good work, I just wish your inventory would grow. :thx:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Actually, it's more like millions of Explorers on the roads and it is a shame that so few companies cater to us. Have you emailed John V from EE?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mac Exhaust Available at Explorer Express

I feel your pain. We spent a lot of time developing the X-Spec Exhaust system with Car Sound (Magnaflow). We do get the stepchild treatment when it comes to performance parts for Explorers. We try to help the market as much as we can. We do sell the Mac Products 3" cat-back exhaust system. I am sorry that it is not on our web site right now. That is a long story, but we are working on our web site right now. This is a bolt on system that uses a chamber stlye muffler much like a Flowmaster. The 5.0 Mac EXhaust is in stock for $239.95 + shipping. Like the Flow master, this is not a quiet system. At idle and low speeds it has a tame rumble like a 5.0 Mustang. On the freeway it has a pretty good drone. It is not for everyone. If you are looking for more of a "family" system that improves performance. Go for the Dynomax.

I will give you another tip.........we are working on 5.0 headers.

Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah the original X-Spec Exhaust with the 3" pipe and the big Magnaflow is no longer available. But we now have the Mac Products 3" system. It is indeed louder than the Magnaflow system, but it does perform well. The X-Spec system offered a nice balance of tone & performance. Don't get me wrong, this Mac system does rock! Just don't complain about the sound when you hit freeway, just turn up the stereo!

For $239.95.......you cannot go wrong.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
239 sounds like a hell of a deal, is it all mandrel bent?

(i already have a 3 in. system, i'm just curious for others)

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yeah tell me about it, that is a hell of a deal...do you have an X-Spec exhaust system for 4.0 SOHC's? I figured if you don't now might be the time to consider such a setup, with the 4.0 SOHC supercharger coming out...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Headers...........

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the fast reply,

Yes EE web site is showing it's age, it would be nice if EE offered at least 3 types of exhaust. 1) an OEM exhaust for the moms, 2) a performance exhaust (DynoMax) for a more aggressive enthusiast and 3) a super aggressive X-spec exhaust for the Ford Explorerites who as you see on all these web sites, are searching for the aggressiveness the Flowmaster has to offer.

Also note we don't have freeways were I live(Germany), it's called the Autobahn, 55mph
never heard of it. 80mph is cruisin speed here

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
That's it? 80? That's your cruising speed on the Autobahn?!?!?! Hell come to California and drive down Highway 99. 85-90 is the cruising speed on that road. I thought people drove faster than 80 on the Autobahn.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
my muffler finally got shipped yesterday, its from a company called morgan-tec, they make everything custom to the exact spec you want, heres some pics of mine, its a single in dual out 3 inch:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If they're smart they don't drive faster than 80. There's no reason for anyone anywhere to go faster than that. That's why when we see pics of horrible crashes they're always on the autobahn.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
xpdude, why dual 3in. in?

he asked me what size, i said 3 inch and thats what i got

It's not a big deal, i was just curious, your muffler shop will have to make reducers for both on the inlet sides.

It's always good to have the 3in ports IMO, because you always can reduce it, but can't make it bigger.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I should have said "80 mph is my continues cruis'n speed”. Nor do I have to keep looking in the mirrors for the flashing red & blue lights.

It doesn't matter what you drive on the Autobahn if you think yours is fast there is always something faster

1 - 17 of 17 Posts