Explorer Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alohaz.

My name is Arnold and I'm from Hawaii. This is my Explorer:

This last one shows a DVD playing in the front while there's an XBox game and a PS2 game running in the back.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
You have one spectacular Explorer!!!
Beautiful both inside and outside!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Whats up!!!! Your Explorer is hands down my favorite 3rd gen!!!! Look forward to seein u around here!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Great job!

·
Registered
185 Posts
i love everything you did to you X.. Did you get that paint made up from the ford dealer or did you go to a store and buy it? I cant find that color anywere............Is that a stock color or aftermarket?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments. I went to a paint shop and had the painting professionally done (removing badges is one thing, painting is another). I just told them to match the color. The exterior trim was actually the gray, textured, plastic trim and it had to be prepped carefully in order for the paint to hold.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
How much did the exterior paint *only* (not factoring in the cost for interior trim paint) for the trim cost, do you know?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I paid maybe $1200 for the exterior paint. It would have been cheaper if I didn't have plastic, textured trim – I'm thinking half the price?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hmm, ok. Yeah my trim panels + bumpers are smooth, like on the 3rd gen XLT's with the Sport or Limited trim. And half sounds about right from what I've heard.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i didnt have any trim work painted, but i bought new front and rear bumpers, and grille, primed, so that cut the cost down, and the painting of front and rear bumpers, grille shell, running boards, ee airdam, splashguards, plastic over rear bumper, lil trim above rear license plate cost 450 + 200 for minor prepwork for plastic and taking and putting everything on. the plastic didnt turn out that great, but i guess you get what you pay for. im getting my ee airdam repainted this winter because of chips from driving, and maybe even my mirrors.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One option I had was to buy the Eddie Bauer trim from the dealer. It would have came primered and ready to paint. But that by itself was going to cost $1,300 (in Hawaii).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts