Explorer Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Explorer transformation is complete, in terms of purchased items. Now its time to wait for all the parts, get the necessary parts painted, and then the install. Check it out:

- Honda Accord Black Widow Sideskirts

I ended up having to go with these sideskirts because after looking at the contours of the sides of my Explorer inbetween the wheel wells, I realized that the other sideskirts I had intended to use wouldn't match up right. So I had to go with the Black Widow sideskirts. These are the same sideskirts Marco used:

<center>
</center>

I got lucky and found a pair brand new for sale on eBay and won it, $80 but got NAILED for shipping, $60. I paid it anyway, because I knew these are somewhat hard to find and also it was a timing issue.

- Explorer Express Hood Scoop

I wanted an aggressive look and although this hood scoop is not functional, it says power.

- Explorer Express X-Spec Suspension Kit

If you want your Explorer to handle the best it possibly can, this is the way to do it.

- New front and rear bumper covers

For the front, I purchased a black bumper that was already smoothed, painted and clearcoated in my exact paint code off of Bumpers.com. For the rear, I bought the rear brand new in primer black and that will need to be painted and clearcoated as well.

- Explorer Express Airdam

To add once again to the look I wanted

- Paint

I will need to get these parts (rear bumper, sideskirts, EE airdam) as well as my trim panels painted black by a local bodyshop. I'm taking off the trim and delivering it to them as to save money, time, and hassle. I'm estimating $200 for the paint. I've done business with them before and incidentally (and not planned) my dad was rear ended on the parkway yesterday (he's OK thank God an idiot in an Acura MDX wasn't paying any attention) so thats even more business and more of a break on the price. Last time we had to get work done through them they cut the total cost considerably.

- Wheels & Tires

I got a killer deal on my Cobra R's, $670 shipped to my door. The tires don't have the best tread on them however as the previous owner who only used both the wheels and tires for only $3500 lowered his truck and never got an alignment. I suspect by the fall I will need to replace them; I'm looking to get Pirelli Scorpion Zero's as a replacement most likely.

------------------

A COSTLY TRANSFORMATION as you can see. This was not cheap by any means. But it was what I had envisioned for my truck and it is what I always dreamed it could be. I've put a heck of a lot of my own sweat, time, labor, and money into this truck and I'm not parting with it any time soon. I'm going to hold onto this for several years.

My funds are wiped at this point so it's time to get a job and make some money. Once I have enough spare cash to play with, I'll be looking into serious performance upgrades. It'll have the show, and the go.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob you have put a lot of cash into your X. I think that is great since you are going for what you had originally envisioned. Your X is going to look killer with all those added parts!!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
yea, see rob if u lived in the south your car would would look pimp now cuz u could put it all on and not worry about snow

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
yea, see rob if u lived in the south your car would would look pimp now cuz u could put it all on and not worry about snow

Or if you lived in Cali. Snow? What's snow?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm putting it on now anyway

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Again, you suck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts