Explorer Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, when I am trying to retrieve obd codes from my 95 explorer the MIL stays on solid, it does not flash. So I cannot read trouble codes. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello all, when I am trying to retrieve obd codes from my 95 explorer the MIL stays on solid, it does not flash. So I cannot read trouble codes. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Do not bother with this process. You can borrow a code reader for free from most parts stores. You can but a basic code reader for $25 and a better quality unit for <$100

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply. Are you saying that I can borrow a code reader for obd1, at the parts store ?
Anyway, after further investigation, I think my capacitors are bad on the motherboard of my PCM.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you for your reply. Are you saying that I can borrow a code reader for obd1, at the parts store ?
Anyway, after further investigation, I think my capacitors are bad on the motherboard of my PCM.
Many auto parts stores have OBD 1 and OBD 2 Code readers that you can borrow, or that they will use for you to extract codes. You csn purchase a Ford compatible OBD 1 reader on Amazon for abt $30.

Check this out: INNOVA 3145 Ford Digital OBD1 Code Reader INNOVA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EW0KHW/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_imm_61TQFJGNFJ45361TEEBJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts