Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to 98X50 and his wonderful photoshoping skills, he did his best to make my X monotone. I know silver isn't easy to do but I think he did a great job. Let me know what you guys think as I will actually be doing this is in the future.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Yeah that definitely looks killer. You have to go monotone. Infinitely better then what it is now. Sorry I couldn't do a better photochop job

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem Rob. After seeing this with my own eyes it's a definate. I don't htink I will be able to do it this year 'cause I have to get a new HU and a couple other smaller car related items and non-car related items before I leave. But money's starting to roll in so we'll see. This definately is on my to-do list now.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Of course you know what I think. I do have a Limited, you know.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I'd definitely get the roof rails painted as well. They would blend in a hell of a lot better.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think I'm going to get them painted. Right now I like the look of them but eventually I may just take them off completely. I think I am going to have the mirrors painted at the same time. Not all the way up to the door but just the piece that actually folds.

·
Registered
543 Posts
8O I acutually thought that was a real paint job! I love how it looks! You should make yours look just like that, it would be sweet!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Check out another guy's Sport Trac I've just gotten to know:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

THE DIFFERENCE:

Priceless 8O

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awsome!!! That is the first time I've seen the mirrors painted the way I want and it looks wonderful!!!

Would anyone like to make a donation to the Get my X monotone painted before I leave for AZ fund?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I will ask, very good point Steeda because I know Ryan is looking into this info as well as I am about to go monotone, I am only about two weeks away if that.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would love to know the price. It would give me a better ballpark of around what I should expect to pay.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I would love to know the price. ?It would give me a better ballpark of around what I should expect to pay.
Hey if you can find out what the labor rate($00.00) and mateials($00.00) per hour and tax rate($) there I could give you a rough idea on what it would cost.

03ExplorerSPT Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:49 pm ? ?Post subject: ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?

I don't think I'm going to get them painted. Right now I like the look of them but eventually I may just take them off completely. I think I am going to have the mirrors painted at the same time. Not all the way up to the door but just the piece that actually folds. ?

?

That is too strange, I was just talking to my painter today about doing the mirrors like that, I wish there was a close up of them, I really like the look and I was trying to describe it to him today about just doing the outside part.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
That is too strange, I was just talking to my painter today about doing the mirrors like that, I wish there was a close up of them, I really like the look and I was trying to describe it to him today about just doing the outside part.

Just say you wanted the foldable mirror head painted only. They should understand that. Here's the best closeup shots I have:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts