Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the wheels that I want on my X, it only took me 3 trys but here they are. These are staying

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Those are awesome Brad! Chrome looks awesome on your X! I love the night pic! Third time's a charm

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Andy....plus I ran out of room for any more wheels anyway. J/K

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
OMFG!! They look incredible! xplorerdude they are 20's

Brad...how much did they cost?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Sweet rims!!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OMFG!! Brad...how much did they cost?

humm.....we dont want to go there :sad:

Put it this way it was no where near the deal that you got on your new set!!

Now all I have to do is sell all of my wheels and my neighbors Bike and they they will be paid for

I have been waiting for a couple of weeks for them and was really worried about the look and if they would fit. I am more than happy with them, they fit great, no clearance problems or rubbing (they are the same height as the stock 17's that came on there) but look so much bigger. I just put them this afternoon and didnt get to drive it until tonight, i was really suprised with the ride! I figured it would ride rough but it drives and rides great, I do notice a little quicker response it the steering but that is the only thing I noticed, the ride is great! I got the Toyo's Proxes S/T again, I was very happy with the other set I had and am very pleased with the ride quality the new ones have.

One other thing I noticed is the stopping distance seems just a little longer, but it could just be in my head too, I usually drive the Windstar all week and then when I get in the X it takes a little while to get used to the change in stopping distance, I will try to pay more attention to this over the weekend

Thanks everyone for the comments.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
OMFG, you got 20" Toyo Proxie tires?! GOD they must've cost an arm and a leg! Seriously, are we talking 3k for everything? Sounds about right....

Also what is the wheel offset on that? And what are the dimensions? 275/45/20?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
8O 3K......
I would never pay that much for wheels.....but then I said I would never pay what I did this time
anyway, you are about 1k too high. I kind of felt like I got a good deal for that price

The wheel is 20/8.5, the offset is +30 mm, the backspacing is 5.96 inche(dont even ask me to explain what they mean
they are the same wheels/offset for a Mustang.

The tire size I got are 265/50R20, the width is 11" and the height is 30.4

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Just curious, how much does one wheel weigh? With the tire on it? I couldn't believe it when I was shipping out my old Cobra R's today and ONE wheel (with tire) alone was 62 pounds!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think they are 70lbs, thats what the information said from the FedX tracking number, I thought it ment a total of 70lbs, but when I picked up the wheel I knew it was more than 23lbs!
my back will also know this in the morning

How did you ship youre wheels and what did it run you to ship them?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
How did you ship youre wheels and what did it run you to ship them?

As-is, I didn't box them up. Wouldn't been impossible. UPS charges a fee for unpackaged products though. To send them from NJ to NC ground it cost me $35 per wheel.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had to pay $130.00 from Georga to Ohio through fed x, I guess they run about the same price. Mine just had a thin sheet of foam with a piece of cardboard on the front of the wheels and they were just wrapped in thin plastic wrap...I guess it worked, nothing was damaged.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts