Explorer Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally changed my (black) Explorer guages to the (silver)Mountineer guages. :haha: and no more red bezel

Here is the used part

The old guages (what was I thinking
)

The finished product, and it even works

Just need to see it in the daylight

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how did you make it so the milege matches yours?

I had to take all of the electronics out and use my old ones, the new X's have to be programed at the dealer if you install a new cluster, I just took out all of my old parts and transfered them over to the new set (I didnt have to take any of the needles off the face
that is what I was worried about, getting them back in the same place they came off.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
dwtc, looks really good but now I think the black around the white face gauges is way too plain. Maybe you should have it sent away to Phoenix Imaging for a brushed aluminum design. That would really complete the look.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dwtc, looks really good but now I think the black around the white face gauges is way too plain. Maybe you should have it sent away to Phoenix Imaging for a brushed aluminum design. That would really complete the look.

Thanks guys.....

That's a idea Rob, I might just clean all of the red paint off the old one and send it out, How can you select what pattern or color you want from them, is there somewhere I can check out what all the offer. I know I have seen some of the pics of what they have done and it all looks good....from what I read I may wait a while, since they are so far behind.

Oh and I also dont want it to be too loud

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
That's a idea Rob, I might just clean all of the red paint off the old one and send it out, How can you select what pattern or color you want from them, is there somewhere I can check out what all the offer. I know I have seen some of the pics of what they have done and it all looks good....from what I read I may wait a while, since they are so far behind. ?

Just call them up, contact info here:

www.phoenix-image.com

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
That's really awsome dwtc!!!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Ryan and Matt

Here is a daytime pic, doesnt look as plain

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
That looks great!!! Want to do mine for me??

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
?
?That looks great!!! Want to do mine for me??

Thanks, I guess I could do youres, I have had mine in and out in the last 2 weeks, I think I have it down pat by now
Just make sure you get rid of all that snow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts