Explorer Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am fixing to lift one of my own vehicles for the first time... I am going to start out with a 2" suspension lift with 31x10.50's and maybe later add 2" bodylift. All I am needing is 4 31's.... Well the extra cash to buy the tires.. I hope to have this done in the next month before all the crappy weather gets here.... Later, RJ68

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Hey man keep us updated! I saw the pics of your truck on Cardomain. Now you're going to have the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow I can't wait to see your X lifted. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well for the lift right now I have the aal and spring spacer but I am looking to get the 2" lift front springs. I think they would be better than the spacers, although several people have used the spacers and seem not to have many problems. I am not going for the big lift right now cause this is my daily driver... I have been tire shopping around here and as soon as I get tires I will put the lift on. If I decide to lift it more it will be with a 2" b/l as I have been told some people have had steering prolems with the 3"... Later, RJ68

btw I need to get new shocks for both my X's someday, but still waiting to finish up the air ride X...

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Sounds like between your two Explorers you will have a hell of a lot invested.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that is what happens when your blood type is X... LOL

G

·
I have the 3" Body lift on my X and the stereing has a small tight spot in it for about two weeks, but after that, it went away... either that or I got used to it, but I think it went away.... and I did the shackle and spacer lift and have since been four-wheeling, and have had ABSOLUTELY no problems with them. I loved doing the shackel and spacer lift, mainly b/c it was easy to do, and it was cheap (not counting the alignment that MUST be done). Are you planning on actually wheeling it or just for looks?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts