Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guy's im new and wanted to show off my lifted limited it's lifted about 4" and i have brandnew 31" cooper discovery A/T's many other mod's also..and the mirror's are off cause they are getting painted(along with other stuff)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome aboard!
You've got a good looking X there. I can see why you would want to lift it as opposed to all of us lowered guys! MAN THAT'S A LOT OF SNOW!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Awesome Explorer, looks super clean. Welcome aboard! You will love it when your mirrors are painted! What else are you going to paint?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Welcome!!

Dang, I love Limiteds! The stock rims and grill looks really good for being stock. Nice to see someone else that has to deal with alot of snow here!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I just noticed you painted your window vent visors LIMITEDXplorer, looks great!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Very nice, but where's the molding? Is that part of what's being painted?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
You mean alongside the doors? My guess is he just removed it because it doesn't look good at all (IMO). I love the way his X looks and especially the color (never seen it before on a X), it's just so damn sleek and clean

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I've seen a couple in the area that are that color. Actually, I was talking about the wheel wells. I just noticed my Cardomain link isn't up there for some reason or I'd show you. I'll find it later. But now I think his is a different year than mine and his doesn't have all the Tupperware that mine has, which is actually a pain in the ass anyway. I also notice he doesn't have the valet lights on the running board, either.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I've seen a couple in the area that are that color. Actually, I was talking about the wheel wells. I just noticed my Cardomain link isn't up there for some reason or I'd show you. I'll find it later. But now I think his is a different year than mine and his doesn't have all the Tupperware that mine has, which is actually a pain in the ass anyway. I also notice he doesn't have the valet lights on the running board, either.
Oh ok, his is a 95-97 Limited I can tell because of the grille. They only used that grille during the 95-97 years. So I guess that would explain why he doesn't have that stupid tupperware and stuff.

Also Eric you CAN remove that tupperware on yours, there is paint underneath I know people that have done it. You'll just have to get the adhesive junk off and then also wax the paint that was underneath to protect it.

Also I just noticed his side mirrors are off...but then I remembered he said he's getting them painted. Still looks funny though

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I really can't remove the plastic because it molds right into the running boards. I'd have to take them off, too, and I don't want to do that. Plus there's that issue with my paint so God knows what I'll find underneath.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Welcome AK. I (99sport on EF) have enjoyed seeing the mods you have done to your Limited. I can't wait to see what it looks like with those parts painted.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i took all my tupperwhere off and put 99-01 limited emblem's on my door's

here's a pic from the day i got it all stock..then today i got my mirror's and other stuff back from the paint shop and 31's and lift..ect

all stock

then today

i thank you guy's for the warm welcome

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
That looks incredible man! How much did it cost, I'm just curious.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You must've put different running boards then, too. I'm thinking that's a good idea for me, too. Wouldn't cost me as much to repaint.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have normal 91-97 running board's mines a 96 so i just have stock 96 running borad's

our good family buddy is a painter and has his own paint shop it was $50 for everything

Rob what year is your truck..do you have any pic's?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
8O that looks great, nice job on the lift
Youre painted parts look good too

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Look in the Gallery for Rob's pics

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
i have normal 91-97 running board's mines a 96 so i just have stock 96 running borad's

our good family buddy is a painter and has his own paint shop it was $50 for everything

Rob what year is your truck..do you have any pic's?
Damn you are incredibly lucky, $50 for the entire thing, blah! You suck
Just kidding of course

I have a '99 Explorer but its heavily modded. The interior is completely out of a 2001-2004 Explorer Sport / Sport Trac.

I have more pics than you could ever want and they are all available by clicking here.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank's guy's i still can't really get my mind around ho good it look's..i plan on getting a 98-01 hatch/front bumper and 99-01 limited fender flair's that will make it look just like a 01

anyho here's my interior also

here's some more pic's i shot just a few min's ago..sorry if im posting to many pic's im just so excited to see my truck look so good

i pulled it up next to our f-250 4X4 plow truck and my truck was just as tall

1 - 20 of 54 Posts