Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you know I recently purchased the gauges from dwtc from the new Explorer Sports and Sport Trac's. I purchased a carbon fiber bezel a long time ago as well and this came in quite handy. It's perfect to go along with the interior pieces I will (someday) get back from Phoenix Imaging. Anyway check it out:

You can view the full-sized images here.

Also dwtc I am having a problem with the gauge indicator. I connected that wire thing that goes underneath the steering column right I'm nearly positive, but anyway for whatever reason it is not moving at all whenever I put it in Drive, Neutral, Park, or anything else. Do you know how to fix this, or at least how it is supposed to be installed? Thanks a lot man I would really appreciate this...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
that carbon fiber looks GREAT

did you try to adjust the round plastic adjuster that holds the bottom of the case that surrounds where the cable comes out of? if you adjust the plastic "nut" up or down (closer to the end of the cable or father up) it should change where the needle is located on the (P R N D 2 1) I'm not sure what way to adjust it.

Let me know it that doesnt take care of it, also what I wrote in youre PM.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
did you try to adjust the round plastic adjuster that holds the bottom of the case that surrounds where the cable comes out of? if you adjust the plastic "nut" up or down (closer to the end of the cable or father up) it should change where the needle is located on the (P R N D 2 1) I'm not sure what way to adjust it. ?

Let me know it that doesnt take care of it, also what I wrote in youre PM.

Hmm, I know exactly what you're talking about and that makes sense. I have it "screwed" all the way in. And right now the needle is all the way to the right (and stuck there) at "1"...I will give this a shot tomorrow, thanks A LOT man!!! This has been very helpful. I will also try what you were talking about in the PM. Again, thanks a lot this is going to save me a lot of time and money (Last resort I would bring it to an auto shop or *shudders* the stealership to fix).

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Looks great Rob!!!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks killer. How did you have any tape exposed though?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Around the edges in a couple spots. I didn't remove the entire clear front piece. I left it attached on one side and just sort of hinged it up while I pushed the bezel in.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Around the edges in a couple spots. I didn't remove the entire clear front piece. I left it attached on one side and just sort of hinged it up while I pushed the bezel in.

That's exactly what I had to do because otherwise the bottom would've cracked off. But then I just reached from underneath and pressed in all around the bezel, and it held everything in place and wasn't going anywhere. Once I pressed it in all around it looked much better, not like it was just sitting on top of something

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Hey thanks for all the links guys

wow now to decide.... Silver Carbon Fiber or Brushed Aluminum
:

what ya'll think?

*sorry Rob didnt mean to jack your thread*

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Brushed Aluminum from me.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brushed Aluminum from me.
I personally think the silver carbon fiber looks really bad. The brushed aluminum looks fantastic.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I think so too which is, of course, why I bought it.
I just wanted her to see that there are other options.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hey thanks for all the links guys ?
?

wow now to decide.... Silver Carbon Fiber or Brushed Aluminum ?
: ?

what ya'll think? ?

*sorry Rob didnt mean to jack your thread*

Whichever one tickles your fancy more ....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts