Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the weather is permanently warm, winter is over so I went ahead and installed these today. Tell me what you think, when I first installed them in my driveway I wasn't too sure if I liked them. Then I responded to a fire call and from the ramp I could see my Explorer from a distance and it looked fantastic. That's why when I went back home I took pictures of the X on the side of the road.

Pictures don't really do them justice but I really like these new taillights. I'm going to keep these...You can view the high resolution images in my Photo Gallery.

Again, make sure you see the high resolution version of these images as you can see in greater detail the taillight.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I LOVE THEM 100%
I wish the 95-97's looked like that. I think they look great on your X.

BTW, I wish winter was over here. Just snowed today.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wait until my custom tail lights come in. they are the stock ones with the amber tinted red and the whole thing smoked black

Yep, I got another spare set made just like that, but it just wasn't what I wanted.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I LOVE THEM 100%
?
I wish the 95-97's looked like that. I think they look great on your X. ?

BTW, I wish winter was over here. Just snowed today.

:werd: there are no after market taillights like that for 95-97s. there are those bermuda black ones or whatever but i dont really like those

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I like them Rob, but there is something that needs to be done to them. IMO that clear plastic stands out a bit on your X. Maybe you can hit it with a light coat of tint? It does look good on there though.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I like them Rob, but there is something that needs to be done to them. IMO that clear plastic stands out a bit on your X. Maybe you can hit it with a light coat of tint? It does look good on there though.

I was think the same thing about the clear plastic.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys really think a light tint coat would look good? I may have to give that a try, who knows. But of course if that doesn't turn out looking too good then I'm screwed. But you guys are right about the clear plastic.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
:werd: ? there are no after market taillights like that for 95-97s. ?there are those bermuda black ones or whatever but i dont really like those
There are carbon fibers and black for our X's, but I meant the styling of the reverse light, blinker and brake light. I like the 98-01's alot better than the 3 circles on the 95-97's.

The plastic doesnt look all that bad IMO. It just might look better with a tint.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
What stands out to me is not the lense itself, it's the edges of the lense where they meet the truck, maybe paint that part black, you know what i'm saying?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Those look great!!!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you tint them Rob, just use paint thinner to get it off if you don't like it. Not a big deal. Just put a light coat of tint without a clearcoat and see if you like that first.

I agree that the clear part stands out but I still like it anyway.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I like them, I'm sure they look better in person ?
Looks much better in person I think. I dont really like pics of mine of the taillights

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I can't explain it but they almost look completely different in those pictures then they do in person. It's very odd.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts