Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh hell yeah! I got a screamin deal on these 20" BOSS 306's. They are ixilowriderixi's old wheels. He is parting out his 2002X and selling it...and I was lucky enough to get them.

I already photochopped them on my "monotoned" truck and it looks freaking incredible!

Man I can't wait to get these. We both live in NJ so I am going to pick them up sometime late this upcoming week or next week. I gotta go back to Harrisburg as well for the Marine Corps so we'll see exactly when this all goes down. He has to buy a set of stock wheels anyway to put back on his truck when he trades it into the dealer.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow can't wait to see them for real Rob!!!
The photochop looks great already! I thought you were saving money though.
:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow can't wait to see them for real Rob!!!
?The photochop looks great already! ?I thought you were saving money though.
:
I am, but the money I am getting from my Pirellis and old Cobra's are enough to buy these.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Greattttt
The tire width is 275. That puts me in the same position I was with the Cobras. Obviously I can re-wrap the wheels in 255 but I'm having a hell of a time trying to find tires that fit that diameter...

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok now I found a site that sells 255/xx/20 tires but it looks like its going to cost me $200 per tire. TireRack doesnt even list tires in this diameter....

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Rob, what size tire, is the right fit? You can mix and match profiles and widths to get a tire that's close enough.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
255/40/20 is what I would need. But the bottomline is it doesnt make any sense to buy these wheels from him anymore because I'd have to buy at least two new tires for the front. I can't run 275 in the front.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
What condition are the 2 fronts? If you can unload them for half what you new ones cost, that's not too bad, i really like the look of those rims on your truck.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Whats the offset on the 20" wheels? If they had less positive offest than your Cobras, they might work with 275s

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm good point the Cobras were +24mm offset.....the BOSS 306's are +14mm

To be honest I don't know what the hell offset is or what it means. I have an idea but I have no real knowledge of how exactly it comes into play.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What condition are the 2 fronts? ?If you can unload them for half what you new ones cost, that's not too bad, i really like the look of those rims on your truck.

All the tires only have 7,000 miles on them; one got a flat so he replaced that and now one of the tires is brand new with 100% tread.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Positive offset means the mounting face of the wheel is outside of the centerline of the wheel. So, more positive offset actually means the mounting face is closer to the outside of the wheel, which moves the tire INWARD.

In your case +14mm is 10mm less than +24mm, so the tire is 10mm farther OUT

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So..I won't need to run spacers? I checked just for reference Black Magic's wheels because I know he does have rubbing...and his wheels are +25mm offset.

So I'm guessing since mine are further out I won't need spacers?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
That's what I'm think Rob. You should be good to go without spacers hopefully. I know you'll love that.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Gee Rob, when you decide you don't want those either I'll make you a good deal on them! And to think I could have traded him a brand new set of Limited wheels and tires! Oh well, congrats on getting a good deal. If you DO have fitment problems and it doesn't work out, LET ME KNOW!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gee Rob, when you decide you don't want those either I'll make you a good deal on them! ?And to think I could have traded him a brand new set of Limited wheels and tires! ?Oh well, congrats on getting a good deal. ?If you DO have fitment problems and it doesn't work out, LET ME KNOW!

Will do man...after the offset issue it was determined these should fit with no rubbing issues. IF I do get rubbing I will sell you them right away, I'm not joking.

But I should be OK...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well, I hope they work, but if not, we will talk. There is no other wheel that I am even considering for the Limited at this point so I would be interested in them for sure! I started pricing and found them for $1589 on Goodyears so far. I haven't looked real hard, so I can probably do better.

Are they polished or chrome finish?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are they polished or chrome finish?
High polished aluminum. Like I said I shouldn't even have the rubbing plague I had before. BUT, if I do have rubbing I won't even bother keeping them. I'd rather just sell them to you and get something else that I wouldn't have a problem with.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts