Explorer Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of my rear wiper working, i hit a big bump a month ago and it came back to life. No amount of hatch slamming would get it to work. Woohoo

What's the actual problem anyway, the motor?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I have no idea. Mine "died" mysteriously for about two, three months. Then magically, it decided to work again and has ever since.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Have you ever replaced the wiper blade in the back section? I replaced mine then amazingly it didn't work. Well I hit a bump and it worked then next time I got into the X it wasn't working again. It seems to be getting stuck in that little area window trim/g/ass where there is that little gap. This may not be the case for yours but it seems that my replacement arm/wiper blade don't seem to be the exact size. If it isn't the case then good luck tearing the door apart.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Oh, cool, Saleens do it too. The custom intermitint rear wiper feature seems to be quite common. Mine only works when the sun is shining or when the window is nice and clear. When it's raining, snowing or the window is dirty, it just lays there like a turd.

I'm lucky enough to have the vanishing and returning radio display as well. This is a fabulous option that is most prevalant when searching for radio stations, CD tracks or when you want to know the time.

G

·
knock on wood, i have not had any of these problems, but i have heard of the rear wiper not working off and on. but 98x50 u crack me up...

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow I never had a problem on my '95 or my '03. I really like the in-glass design my '03 has 'cause I don'thave to hear it go "clunk" ever time I turn it off.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Oh yeah, that klunk is great. That's the sound it makes as it's knocking the paint off of the back of your truck.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
It's stripping your paint? That's not...normal...
I'd get that checked out, if its that bad

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I have never had a problem w/my rear wiper but then again I have never used it ? ?
?

Why don't you shave it off then?

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
98, you have to love the "clunk", gives off the appearance you've just been rear-ended.

Very true!!

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Is it still under warranty? If so, you should hit up the dealer.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I was at the dealer looking at one for work, the owner said that the wiper quit working due to being hit in the rear bumper, the dealer had already fixed the wiper under warrenty before I got there to look at the vehcile, I think the dealer said that there is a tech bulliten/recall ? for the rear wiper. I think they replaced the switch, sorry I dont have any more info but I would check into it if I was you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts