Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

HA! Got your attention with that! Thought you were really going to see sumpthin' cool huh. Anyway, I had to show off my latest "mod". Yea, it sucks, but I gotta tow my quad with something. It was either this, or put a hitch on the Cobra. :roll:

So how bad does the X look with this piece of crap hanging under it?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh, that second pic was a PChop spoof!

G

·
ahhh, i get it...
....i need to pay attention to what i read....i thought their was a hitch on the mustang, my bad...brain fart

G

·
u need the hidden hitch like mine.....
...can't see it that well, sorry it was just takin a few mins ago....better pic later if u want one

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I hate my hitch. I'm seriously considering ripping the damn thing off along with my spare (which wont match soon anyway) once I lower my truck and put on my new rims.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
I'll be adding a hitch next summer just for some extra rear azz protection when I'm at school. I figure if someone is going to rearend me, I might as well have my X create as much damage for them as possible.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I had to get one. During the summer, I tow something about every other day. And they do add extra protection. I had a slide in mine and got rear ended by a Honda Accord. My damage - I had to loosen the break-away bolts and turn my bumper up straight. His damage - an entire front end plus radiator. His front end never stood a chance...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad I bought this crappy FORD hitch that hangs under the bumper like a boat anchor. Thought the round tube style were all the same. Seems the Hidden (like frickea86) and the Drawtite actually hide up under the bumper quite a bit more than Fords bright idea. What kind of hitch do you other guys have? Are they the round tube, and if so what brand? I am kinda peaved that I didn't research this better, but I just thought the round tube style all mounted the same.
Well, I bought it cheap on Ebay, and it might just go back on there! :roll:

G

·
the hidden hitches do hide up under the bumper mostly and i only got mine for $100 at the local retailer....so i thought that was a great price...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I think mine is a drawtite. I pulled all the stickers off it the day Leer put it on, and it been so long I forgot which it is. It hides pretty well - the only part you see is the slide entry and the square tube across the bottom...

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I think this might help smooth out the look of your hitch...........

8)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
That would work, except it will only fit for 3rd generation Explorers (02+)...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What IS gonna work is rippin this F'n Ford hitch off and getting a Drawtite or Hidden like I should have in the first place.
Ebay here it comes. :roll:

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
haha..that sucks you ended up with a crappy hitch, but at least now its a lesson learned. I'm this close to ripping my hitch off...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea, I always research stuff extensively, but for some reason I thought these were all the same. I got it new/cheap, so it was still a good deal, but I don't like screwing up! If yours is a Drawtite or Hidden, rip it off and send it my way!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Nah I have the exact same thing you have, except mine comes with the added benefit of some rusting

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ha, you got the crappy one too, cept you don't need it like I do.. :roll:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts