Explorer Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post some pics of my parents' new NBX for you all to check out. Not sure how many of you have seen one of these since they don't seem to be very common. It's more or less an XLT Sport with black body clading, a unique cloth interior, skid plates/tow hooks, and a few other special trim items. This is meant to be the off road package although it really doesn't differ much other than the cosmetic changes. I am quite impressed with the interior which is the same midnight gray as the Limiteds offer, except it has a unique cloth upholstery. The pics don't do the seats justice, they are very cool with a sliver/black woven center insert!

This replaces her 02' XLT Sport which my father has adopted to replace his 99' F150. He liked the ride and drive of the X so much better that he made the jump from a pickup to an SUV. Needless to say they are quite the Explorer lovers! This actually makes her 5th X.
I think Ford soon owes her a free one.

Oh, of course, another black one. Guess that means good ol' mom will fit right in around here!

Check it out:

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
NBX models are cool. I really like the roof rack thing that comes with them too. Just what we need around here. . .another black X.
It looks great though.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
I have yet to see a NBX in person but I am quite impressed with what they offer. I guess if you really wanted a 3rd generation Explorer for trail runs and so forth, this would definitely be the solution. I sure as heck wouldn't mind owning one myself! That is definitely a very cool, unique looking Explorer!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NBX models are cool. ?I really like the roof rack thing that comes with them too. ?Just what we need around here. . .another black X.
?It looks great though.

For some reason they no longer come with the Yakima Load Warrior cargo rack. I'm guessing Ford found it to be an unpopular item and said the heck with it. I saw a few NBX's around here when they came out in 03', but that was it. I haven't seen one on any lot since then. This one was ordered special, so I doubt my mother wil see herself anytime too soon. She was set to look for another XLT Sport or just a plain XLT, but she really wanted all black with cloth. I gave her the run down on the NBX package and "sold' her on it.
I'm in the wrong line of work!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in the wrong line of work! ?
Demand your cut of the commission!

Believe it or not I have gotten a cut once at our local Ford dealer! A buddy of mine bought an 01' FX4 Ranger (the REAL one with the 31's, Torsen, Bilstiens etc) new off of them and had told the salesman the only reason he knew about this model was because of me. Honest to god, the salesman cut me a $50 check just for turning my buddy onto that truck. Now I have a good history with that particular salesman and actually worked at this dealer for a few months in high school, so they sort of know me pretty well. It was still a nice guesture that he didn't have to do.

In the back of my mind I see myself working there again one of these days when the time is right. That was the greatest job a high school kid who loves Fords could ever have!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
What did you do when you worked there?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What did you do when you worked there?

Nothing really important. :roll:
I swept the shop after the mechanics left, stocked consumables in the parts dept. (oil, filters etc), ran errands, helped the salesmen switch tags and gas up new deliveries, pretty much any odd job that needed done. For a 17 year old it was heaven. I just loved getting to drive all of those new Fords! The dealerships owner got himself into a pickle with the bank and it ended up closing and being resold. I only got to work there for a couple of months. Had it remained under the same ownership I am quite certain by now that I would be putting all my friends and family in new Fords and getting ALL the commission from it! The money that is available from being a "sleazy" car salesman is just unreal. For me it would be more about helping people out and putting them into a product I believe in and am enthusiastic about. Just being around all those new Fords and getting A plan pricing would be worth it to me!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, I love NBX's. A guy that lives in my neighborhood has one-black of course. I totally love the rims on them. It's wierd though, I've seen some of those rims on regular XLT's too. I originally thought that they were only available on NBX's. Have you guys ever seen an NBX Expedition-super rare and super cool. They have these bitchin' blackout headlights.

Really nice pics man.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I have an '03 NBX. They are basically the same as the EB in price. I don't offroad at all so I didn't buy it to run trails or anything like that. I bought it because it was yellow, has an awesome interior and has the 4.6 V8. My '03 is 2WD. The '04 NBXs are only available with 4WD but in '03 you could get them in 2WD.

I'm a streeter type of person so 4WD is useless to me. Now, AWD with the 4.6 might be cool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts