Explorer Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Bumpers.com:

http://www.bumpers.com/colorExplorerSportFront.html

They say that these are only for Sports but these will work on any 95-01 Explorer. Obviously keep in mind if you own a 95-98 you will need to replace your factory fog lights with the 99+ style. Same goes if you own an Eddie Bauer.

Anyway I got a black bumper - it matches my paint code exactly and is clearcoated. About six months ago I inquiried about buying the same bumper from them and they didn't have black, much to my dismay. Well, for the hell of it I figured I'd e-mail again and ask and sure enough they did! So it is on the way actually now and this will be one less part that will need to be monotoned on my truck.

I needed a new bumper, and the fact that this is cheaper then what the body shop wanted is a plus. The bumper the body shop was going to get was aftermarket (no big deal) but it would be ~$250 plus he'd have to paint that so I think he quoted me another $100 max for that alone. Plus the other thing with Bumpers.com is that they are OEM parts, there is just a very tiny flaw in them that for whatever reason Ford factories reject. I personally know people who have ordered bumpers through here before and installed them and they say that they can't tell what the heck is wrong with them, all they care is that they got the price they did!

So I'll keep you guys updated. And of course if you need a new front bumper cover (or complete with the reinforcement and foglights) Bumpers.com is the place. FordPartsNetwork.com charges more, plus you don't have the color options.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
That is a good price. I wish they had the exact bumper I currently have though.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I got it and installed it in a hurry. Here it is:

High res versions in my gallery. It came out fantastic and it was an exceptional deal. The only "blemishes" or "defects" with this bumper was a couple hairline thing, approximately 4 four inches in length scratch marks UNDERNEATH the bumper, so you can't even see it! LOL....

Sigh, now to wait a year to have the rest done.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Wow that looks great!! The start of the monotone!! That last pic looks amazing!!

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Oh wow Rob, what an improvement! I love how shiny it is. Definitely a great choice!!

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I went out after I washed my truck and I took some nice high res pictures. These are 1600x1200 so I will just tell you to go to my gallery for the full ones. The first image below is one you guys definitely have to check out in high res if you have a fast connection because the detail is amazing! Sorry that some of the other pictures are kinda blurry.

High res version....I set this as my background

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Rob that first pic in high res is absolutely amazing!!!!
Your X looks sweet. Question though, what is under the hood scoop?

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's the way the hood scoop is designed. I'm guessing its in case you wanted to install the "stock" Mustang GT hood scoop grille. EE doesn't even make these hood scoops, and they are really from Mustang GT's despite what their website says. It's also why you have to wait an extra 7-10 days or whatever it also says for the delivery, because again, it isn't made or even shipped from EE's store.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
Ahh I see. Well in any even, that is the sweetest pic I have seen of your X.

Check this out:

Your X:

Matt's X:

The two best pics ever!!! I need to take a frontal shot like that.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL Just wait till I get the airdam installed (very soon).

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Looks Great!

I wanted to get one of those from bumpers.com, but they don't have my color. I even E-mailed them.
Looks like I'll have to paint mine. Lots of places to make mistakes. If it doesn't work out, the professionals will take care of it.

This is the way to go for those of you 95-98 owners who would like to upgrade to the 99-01 style. They sell it with reinforcements and fogs also. All for $250 painted.

Andy- This one wont rust!
The It is like 80-90% plastic.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Re: Need a new front bumper? I did and here's where I got it

Andy- This one wont rust! ?The It is like 80-90% plastic.
Now that would be a definite plus!
After seeing Robs, Id really like to have one, or anything than what I have for that matter.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Andy- This one wont rust! ?The It is like 80-90% plastic.
Correction: 100% ABS Plastic.

Oh and thanks guys for the compliments

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Correction: 100% ABS Plastic.

I was also taking in to account the reinforcements. They are required to the conversion from '95 to '99. The cover is obviously 100% plastic.

·
Registered
19,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[..]

I was also taking in to account the reinforcements. ?They are required to the conversion from '95 to '99. ?The cover is obviously 100% plastic.
Oh ok. I thought you were only referring to the bumper cover.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts