Explorer Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My low beams stopped working. The high beams are working fine. I changed the bulbs and checked the fuses. Can anyone point me to a video of how to fix this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello All,

I figured out what the problem was. My multi-fuction switch on my steering wheel was bad. I wish I had been able to find a video on how to fix it. I just didn't feel comfortable doing it without pictures. Please someone friend me so I don't go broke. It would be great to find someone with more experience and knowledge for advice.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
They're really easy just take apart the clam shell on the column and it's very obvious how to replace. YOu may need to adjust the column down all the way to have enough clearance and move the gear selector but I did one myself back in '03 with no prior knowledge and it took me maybe 30 mins.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They're really easy just take apart the clam shell on the column and it's very obvious how to replace. YOu may need to adjust the column down all the way to have enough clearance and move the gear selector but I did one myself back in '03 with no prior knowledge and it took me maybe 30 mins.
Hi. Could you explain how you got your low beams to work again. I'm having this same problem on my 2002 Ford Explorer XLT. I just replaced my original steering column with one I bought from ebay at Schram auto parts and everything works fine except the low beams don't go on.

By the way I love your Delacroix quote. I am an artist and spend many a hour reading Delacroix journal and letters and looking at his work in books and in real life.

Thanks,
susan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts