Explorer Talk banner

Need set-up where I can install a tranny dipstick on V8 Gen 2 Sport Trac

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  J_C 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm really not happy with having to crawl under the truck to check my transmission fluid level. Really a crappy way for FORD to have designed my Sport Track (only thing worse was having to pull a rubber plug out of the interior tranny tunnel behind the radio in my 1969 MGB-GT to check the fluid level....but at least it was British odd). Anyone here know of a set-up where I can install a transmission dipstick soI can check from under the hood on a Gen 2 V8 4WD Explorer Sport Trac?? Will it work and will the fluid level markings be correct?

OLE442

#3 ·
So, just checking back......anyone have any experience with converting the 6 speed transmission dipstick on a 2007 Explorer Sport Trac to a more traditional dipstick that is located under the hood in the engine compartment? Per Todd at The Sport Trac website, it has been done by some on this forum but I can't seem to find any info?? The only thing I've found is for the 2010 and up. Experiences, conversion and where to buy with vendor/part numbers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
OLE442

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.